What does this mean on Merced EMS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I am hearing calls on Merced/Mariposa Fire/EMS (154.400 CT:123.0) that go like this: "... medical aid ... stage for nature ..."

What does "stage for nature" mean here?

Thanks.

kma371

QRT
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

gmclam said:
I am hearing calls on Merced/Mariposa Fire/EMS (154.400 CT:123.0) that go like this: "... medical aid ... stage for nature ..."

What does "stage for nature" mean here?

Thanks.

It might mean don't go to the location yet, "stage" because they might not know the nature of the emergency.

Eng74

The scene might not be safe for Fire an Ambulance crews. You could have a violent Pt or could be a domestic assault.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
I'd go with Eng74's interpretation....it's most likely a call where police presence prior to EMS action is preferable. "Stage for type code" is probably their way of saying "because of the particular type code assigned to the call, staging is indicated for the scene to be secured prior to EMS entry"

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
its pretty common in some areas of sac where fire wont even respond until scene cleared by pd or ssd maybe they just call it a little different there

or maybe they dont wanna go out in the rain ? heheh

kma371

QRT
Aren't fireman supposed to be the tough guys? Why do they always wait for the cops to go in first ;)

Ok, I'm a little bias, couldn't help myself, sorry.

Eng74

Aren't fireman supposed to be the tough guys? Why do they always wait for the cops to go in first ;)

Ok, I'm a little bias, couldn't help myself, sorry.

I don't know of any firefighter that wears a vest and has two to three guns on them. Arson Investigators don't count since they are not always on an engine.

Eng74

They also have sidearms, batons, pepper spray, shotguns, and patrol rifles.

Firefighters should stay away from tasers, they just give fire captains another reason to yell.

Some Firefighter would taser someone in the station and you would have taser fights break out all the time. Sure it would be funny while it happened to the other guy but you would have to sleep sometime.

clanusb

Some Firefighter would taser someone in the station and you would have taser fights break out all the time. Sure it would be funny while it happened to the other guy but you would have to sleep sometime.

exactly. too many toys for us to play with.

code3cowboy

Well Cal fire has prevention officers... I also saw a division chief with a gun and tazer

Not all prevention units are Peace Officers, the guys who come in from the fire side are Captains and above and are POST. The other prevention units are Fire Inspectors and Plans Checkers.

You may also run into the Arson Bomb Investigator (AB2525). He is a POST Peace Officer and is now an Assistant Chief I believe.

There are sometimes VIPs who are Peace Officers, kinda cool gig if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.