What Does This Mean!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

I hate to bother everyone twice in one night, But I have been looking up licenses in my county in the FCC database and I've came across something that has stumped me, can someone please tell me what the heck this means!

" MODIFY CURRENT SINGLE FREQUENCY TO REPEATER PAIR, WITH MOBILE TRANSMIT BETWEEN 150.000 TO 152.000. RELOCATE TRANSMITTER, 2 MILES SOUTH, AND EXTEND HEIGHT. CONVERT TO "PM", ADD PAGERS. [D3] COPY OF LICENSE IS ATTACHED FOR KTH687. UNSCANNABLE IRS LETTER ATTACHED. [D3] "

Help is GREATLY appreciated!!

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I hate to bother everyone twice in one night, But I have been looking up licenses in my county in the FCC database and I've came across something that has stumped me, can someone please tell me what the heck this means!

" MODIFY CURRENT SINGLE FREQUENCY TO REPEATER PAIR, WITH MOBILE TRANSMIT BETWEEN 150.000 TO 152.000. RELOCATE TRANSMITTER, 2 MILES SOUTH, AND EXTEND HEIGHT. CONVERT TO "PM", ADD PAGERS. [D3] COPY OF LICENSE IS ATTACHED FOR KTH687. UNSCANNABLE IRS LETTER ATTACHED. [D3] "

Help is GREATLY appreciated!!

Judging by the frequency, 150 to 152 would be a pager, and then I see that it already says pager in the quote. It looks to me like, it says "Make the frequency a repeater (input and output), since it says "modify single frq to repeater pair". Then says mobile transmit which I dont know what that means, maybe them program a mobile to transmit between 150 and 152. probably to make the mobile some kinda repeater, maybe with input freq. then it just says to relocate transmitter to the specs there. then convert "PM"? and then add pagers

Last edited:

btritch

Ok, That's an ambulance dispatch, and Ambulance to ER frequency, How could they possibly be adding pagers, What kind of pagers, If it were something like a fire pager, Wouldn't that be on the regular frequency?

KC0QNB

The PM is a radio service code for emergency medical, refer here this list is handy
the call sign KTH 687 is assigned to the Methodist Hospital in Paragpuld.

KC0QNB

Maybe because of budget cuts the area fire departments made a deal with the hospital to serve as a dispatch station, I don't think that would be an unusual situation, just a guess.
Our police and fire departments are now dispatched from North Platte Fire HQ 40 miles away. They had the people and the facility, it made good fiscal sense, of course at any time control can revert back here if the situation warrants.

btritch

I thought about that, As far as I know all of the departments in the county are dispatched through the SO except for city, They're dispatched through PD but our ambulance service also provides services for the neighboring counties in two cities and they're just a small station with two people stationed, Perhaps it could be dispatching for these cities, I've not noticed any changes, I don't know how long ago that message was posted, I've not noticed it till now, Guess I could run the 150 MHZ band an see what happens next...I'll just have to wait and see I guess..

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Looks like EMS is expanding their service area and adding more punch to their radio coverage as well..... if yours is like some EMS organizations in Kentucky, the bulk of the folks who man the buggies are volunteers and the paging freq is to allow for more reliable staffing to coincide with the expanded service area.....

CCHLLM

It's really very simple, in spite of being connected to the government. :D The verbage just means that
(1) the former simplex base station is soon to become a repeater with an input frequency in the 150-152 mHz range (which has nothing to do with paging frequencies BTW),
(2) paging tone modulation will be added to the license for whatever dispatch process reasons (that's where the pagers come in), and
(3) the current service classification of the license will be changed to PM, which is what allows the changes in the license to take place.

Nothing says that the location of a base station or repeater has anything to do with the location of the dispatch point. The dispatch and control point, wherever it may be, can be connected to the repeater by land line, link radio, microwave, fiberoptic, internet, or whatever, and there can be more than one dispatch and control point, but you probably already knew that.

Sounds like a move to increase the effective coverage area and utility of the frequency.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.