What ever happened to FreqOfNature.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
Tracy's in Arizona now. A lot of those sites back in the day were a nature of love and definitely not profitable vs the costs of hosting etc. It was worth the efforts to share and support the hobby, but yeah, sites like this made the work not as fun.

Opfor2

Tracy's in Arizona now. A lot of those sites back in the day were a nature of love and definitely not profitable vs the costs of hosting etc. It was worth the efforts to share and support the hobby, but yeah, sites like this made the work not as fun.

So he left Simi Valley for Arizona, good man

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
Mine is norcalscan.org and then I inherited the scancal.org domain to try and keep that project going. Between getting married, work, and starting a family, the thing not making a penny was pushed further and further aside. Take a break, RR gets bigger, HTML goes from 4 to 5, memories of how CSS worked, cpanel upgrades, etc. I tried narrowing vision to just my two local counties and calfire and even then blink an eye and it's 2021 instead of 2016. :ROFLMAO: Still pushing the shoutcast stream though, not bounded by the RR streaming rules etc.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
FON had a really excellent page with sector maps of Los Angeles and Oakland ARTCCs that I’m not sure is still accessible on wayback machine (maybe it was never archived?). And my copies of the Southwest Frequency Directory and various Kelly Govt Radio Systems books still see regular use. Just goes to show that many of these regional guides were formatted so well and contained such a wealth of information that they’re still useful today even if many of the radio systems have been upgraded since they were published.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I'm pretty sure I saw one or two Police Call in a stack with other books/magazines. I should take those over when club meetings start up again and let others enjoy some nostalgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.