What ever happened to per vices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdobbs2001

They were supposed to be the biggest thing since the invention of the Fleming valve, yet it seems they went out with a whimper.

Lots of hype and web coverage out of the gate, then nothing but crickets.

So what's the deal with them?

The only thing out there is a video of someone unboxing I guess a delivered package of one of the boards.

No videos of it in use, no sites with any details etc..

orte

Premium Subscriber
check some answers here:

Per Vices Noctar SDR Card First Look | Ham Radio Science

examples:

"I ordered the Noctar card and unfortunately, the DSP chain stopped working after just a couple of months. I wrote up a brief account of this at RadioReference:

http://forums.radioreference.com/software-defined-radio/272623-per-vices-noctar-woes.html

It worked well after much tinkering and learning how to use Linux and gnuradio then it just quit unexpectedly. They stopped responding to my emails after I notified them of the problem…"

-----

"Just went through the Per Vices Noctar site after reading about Tom’s sad story (above). The story of a potential great company who instead decided to go for a rip-off attitude. Prices have gone double to $2500 and a shipping of 500 USD! Whaaat! Forget this company, they’ve had their chances to prove themselves. Fail."

majoco

Stirrer
When I first saw the blurb they put out, I didn't really understand what they were trying to do. Then with some more info I realised that they were intending to produce a DC to daylight receiver and transmitter - low power of course. The photos looked phony too.
But like all dreams, in reality they seldom come true.

Status
Not open for further replies.