What ever happened to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue69

Was searching for information last night on Radio Reference in doing so came across some post of a Radio Group in the metro that use to meet looks like it was a monthly event. Does anyone know what became of them cannot find anything recent about any more meetings taking place?? Also was mention of another group that met at Metro Tech are they still active? Are these meetings if still taking place open to the general public? I thought it would be nice to get with fellow radio enthusiasts in the area and discuss radios/scanners also with OKC getting there P25 stuff together discuss their switch from Provoice to P25. Any insights anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Rescue69

N5TWB

I was the person that arranged for the use of Metro Tech because I worked there at the time so I was able to schedule meeting rooms for the group. I've since moved to Tulsa but several of those that attended the meetings are still active on this forum: KX5MOT and MAM1081 are two I see here quite often. I talked to MOT at the Green Country HamFest last weekend.

Try the PM function...

fireant

I will be there any night would be good for me. Open to anything been along time since I have seen most of you.

fireant

woodyrr

I have Tuesday evening free. We're pretty spread out as far as home locations go.

There is that Asian Super Buffet at 23rd and Classen that is centrally located.

mam1081

Feed Provider
Does that super buffet still exist? It looked like it was under construction last time I went by there...

Well, since a Tuesday seems to work OK, how about April 9th (Tuesday after Easter)? I don't mind meeting on the south side (like I-240) if y'all want...

Needing topics? Apparently El Reno PD just swapped to DMR. We need a DMR scanner!!!

KX5MOT

That super buffet is still open, I wouldn't mid going there because it's been a while. I'll vote for April 10th, since the 9th is a Monday ;)

mam1081

Feed Provider
I'm still good for tomorrow...April 10th at 7PM.

Location still isn't nailed down...I'm up for swadleys on the south side... 824 Southwest 89th Street, Oklahoma City - (405) 413-7333

woodyrr

I'm still good for tomorrow...April 10th at 7PM.

Location still isn't nailed down...I'm up for swadleys on the south side... 824 Southwest 89th Street, Oklahoma City - (405) 413-7333

That sounds perfect to me. I'll see you there if there aren't any other suggestions.

n5usr

Premium Subscriber
Well shoot... Here I wasn't saying anything because I don't care for (most) Chinese, but didn't want everyone to change on account of me.

Didn't check the forum yesterday, and just got here too late today! Mmm... Swadley's...

Oh well, maybe next time! :)

rescue69

Sorry, I missed everyone did not check the forum until returning home yesterday and I showed up at the Chinese place on 23rd and Classen around 7pm, should have read the forum before hand. I will have to pay closer attention to things next time as I came straight from work we have restricted internet and did not think about a change of venue. Will keep my eyes posted for another one would like to meet everyone.

Rescue69

woodyrr

N5usr, why didn't you speak up? Where we meet is never etched in stone until everyone who plans to attend has had their say.

rescue 69, I'm sorry we missed you as well.

We'll get together again soon. If I have my way, we won't be going back to the Swadley's at SW89th and Western again. They have turned it into a quasi half way full service restaurant: That is to say that they don't want you getting your own barbecue sauce and drink refills. If they are going to insist that you keep your mitts out of the stuff, they need to be halfway attentive to the customers. I don't know about the others, but that place gave me a negative "vibe" if you will from the moment I walked in. That is not at all how it was at that location the last time we ate there. / end rant.

I'd like to have pizza again at the Hideaway some time.

n5usr

Premium Subscriber
Well, everyone else had already said they were fine with the Asian buffet and I don't like to be the one person complaining and changing things for everyone!

I'll raise a fuss next time... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.