• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

What frequencies can be used on a Ht1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hi i just got a free HT1000 Radio Model number h01kdc9aa3bn and i was wondering what frequencies i can use and how to find someone to program it.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Hi i just got a free HT1000 Radio Model number h01kdc9aa3bn and i was wondering what frequencies i can use and how to find someone to program it.

On the HT1000 you'll need a DOS computer like win95 or 98 and a RIB Box and a computer under 1ghz processor. Looks like a VHF radio.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
K splits are VHF, so it depends on what you are licensed for. Great for Amateur 2m simplex and repeaters. If you are not licensed, MURS is all you can use, and even then you're *supposed* to tune down the power to 2 watts or less. Not that anyone I have ever heard on MURS does that.

ME801

Or you'll need to find a radio shop that still has a Win 95/98 computer and RIB box and correct cable. Our local radio shop still has all their old Moto programming equipment.

what can i use it for cause i am not ham license

You can use it to monitor any agency using a VHF analog/conventional frequency. For example, if your local PD is using an analog/conventional VHF frequency, you can have it programmed so that you can monitor their radio traffic. The key to ensure this is done safely is to have it programmed for "receive only", which is an option within the programming software. This option ensures that you can, as the name implies, only receive the traffic WITHOUT having a risk of accidentally transmitting.

The same would apply to a local fire department, railroad traffic, etc. So long as they're using a VHF analog/conventional radio frequency, you'll be able to listen in.

SCPD

QRT
so what can i use it for I am not a Ham radio operator. And i want to use it for Disasters

nd5y

so what can i use it for I am not a Ham radio operator.
Legally you can only use it as an expensive receiver. If you are not a licensed amateur or authorized by another licensee in a radio service that the radio is certified for then you can't legally transmit with it.

If you don't care about the rule of law then you can use any frequency you think you are big enough to transmit on or any frequency you are stupid enough to transmit on and pay the price when you get caught.
And i want to use it for Disasters
What do you mean by that? Are you planning to use it to create a disaster? Please explain.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
If you want to use a radio for "Disasters" investigate getting licensed in the Amateur Radio Service. It's not difficult to pass the test, and opens up a world of communication options to you, and not just during a disaster.

N4KVE

You can use it to listen to VHF taxicabs in your city. People usually first have a need for a radio, & then look to buy the radio that will fill that need. VHF, UHF, 800, etc. They do not buy a radio first not knowing what band it is, & then ask what they can do with it. Usually when that happens, someone "found" a lost radio, or paid $10 for one, without knowing anything about it.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
HT1000

Hi i have a Motorola HT1000 Radio and i was wondering if there is way someone can program it for me. I know its a old radio but it would be nice to have it program so that i can listen to it. it works! please let me know if anyone knows how to program the HT1000 Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.