What Frequencies to Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterdk

Hello all. I'm new, waiting for my PSR 500 to be delivered. In the mean time I broke out my 10-year-old
BC 278CLT scanner. I know that this won't receive any digital trunked signals. I'm trying to determine what frequencies I can program into the scanner that it WILL receive. I have looked on the database page in Phila. county but I don't know how to tell which frequencies are what. I entered in 30 frequencies, just by guessing at what I might receive. I'm getting great reception on one of our local cab companies but not too much else. I'm using the antenna that came with the box.
Could someone give me a list of frequencies that I can receive in the Philadelphia area on this box? Or, tell me how to determine the conventional (the ones I can receive?) frequencies on the DB page. I'd appreciate all the help I can get. At this point I'm not too particular about what I want to listen to. Thanks!

nursepen

you might try camden county,police and fire are still dispatch conventionally,camden ems and fire can sometimes be busy.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
The conventional ones would be not be listed with control channels. The railroads would be easy to get from your location. Air freqs, marine radio traffic would all be within that scanners reach.There is a lot out there to monitor conventionally. Some of the counties have non digital dispatch frequencies for paging equipment. Study the RR database and look for things you might be interested in.

When you get your new scanner, it will open up a whole new world.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
While you're waiting for your PSR-500 to arrive, you could pick up Don Starr's Win500 program and start programming what you want to hear, so that when you get the new scanner, you can download the info to the scanner and start listening right away. Another good investment is Joe Cardani's Philly Scanner Guide. Also, if you need help with the programming or would like some already programmed Win500 files for this area, just give a yell and I and I'm sure others would be happy to send you some. All we need to know is what you want to listen to. Oh, and by the way, welcome aboard!

Win500: Software for RadioShack PRO-series (PRO-92, 93, 95, 96, 97, 99, 163, 164, 106, 197) and GRE PSR-series (PSR-500, 600, 300, 400) scanners

Philly Scanner Guide: Welcome to PhillyScanner.com

Take Care,

Rich Christy

Status
Not open for further replies.