What happend to the Macomb County Sheriff (Michigan) feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
What happed to the Macomb County Sheriff (Michigan) feed? I heard a rumor that the original provider had a falling out with RR. How come no one has picked it up since? Did the Sheriff scare everyone away?

Thanks,
Bill

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Normal dispatch, LEIN, etc are all in the clear. I monitor them all time. They do encrypt some special operations, but very little.

Are you unable to monitor them?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Could the reason no one else has picked it up be the same reason you haven't picked it up?

I just reentered the hobby a couple of weeks ago, after about seven years. Maybe I will at some point.

I'm not considering it right now, as I'd have to dedicate a radio for that purpose. Apparently RR's rules do not allow some of the TG's I monitor, to be broadcast, so it's out of the question for now.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I just reentered the hobby a couple of weeks ago, after about seven years. Maybe I will at some point.

I'm not considering it right now, as I'd have to dedicate a radio for that purpose. Apparently RR's rules do not allow some of the TG's I monitor, to be broadcast, so it's out of the question for now.

If you use Proscan to stream it has a broadcast lockout system built in. You would your TG's and freqs you don't want broadcasted in there and it doesn't stream them but you still hear them, record them, log them if you want. I believe there free version RadioFeed has the same option for broadcast lockout. I am surprised not more people use it.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Interesting! I just picked up a BCD536HP to compliment my BCD436HP. Added to that, I acquired a BCD996XT. So this is tempting. I just might setup a Macomb feed in the future.

Thanks for the info on that TG omit feature!

Status
Not open for further replies.