What happened 3 May in AA county?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarnacleBill

My granddaughter was in BWMC hospital emergency room yesterday. My wife said there were 17 police cars around the entrance to the ER. I talked to a security guard later and he said "we had a little problem upstairs." Any idea what happened? This was about 1700 on May 3.

pasadenamd

My granddaughter was in BWMC hospital emergency room yesterday. My wife said there were 17 police cars around the entrance to the ER. I talked to a security guard later and he said "we had a little problem upstairs." Any idea what happened? This was about 1700 on May 3.

An officer on the 4th Floor requested emergency assistence. A signal 13 was requested. Had reports of a person with a gun on the 4th floor. Officer got the subject undercontrol. The subject did not have a gun. Officer was uninjured. Signal 13 was cancelled.

pasadenamd

This all happened because he wanted to go to lunch :)

For out-of-towners, a Signal 13 = ?

Officer in danger, needs immediate assistance. In Anne Arundel County, they alert all 4 districts and send some officers from all districts to the district that needs assistance.

Its very uncommon, I have only heard it 3 or 4 times during many years of scanning.

MOCOMD1

I've only heard one legit one. A cop on a traffic stop hit a signal 13, and his voice came over the radio yelling "DROP THE WEAPON AND PUT YOUR HANDS ON YOUR HEAD!"

It was pretty intense.

In MoCo, Emergency buttons on our XTS 3000's cause the signal 13. The radio which sent the signal automatically opens PTT for 5 (or 3) seconds, so there are quite a number of accidental signal 13's from cops who drop their radios and pick 'em up the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.