• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

What Happened To All The APX8000's on Ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowmn

There used to be loads of APX8000 radios on Ebay and all of a sudden they are gone. Anyone know what happened?

ME801

Noticed the same thing, somebody must have bought them all up. Could have been somebody from overseas, I know that happens occasionally.

FiremanSparky

Were those accelerated life testing units or parts radios?

Nick DeLuca aka "Watchbuddy" re-incarnated? Come on, something had to give with all of these "No Tags, but Legit Serial Number" radios floating around out there. I made this observation on, well, another forum and the thread was removed as being detrimental to the sellers!

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
One can play with those leaked tools only too long before someone sends a radio into the actual depot for service, when you get several to a hundred it's going to raise suspicions.

It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case since sadly first responders are buying them and when a issue arises they call the one and only mother M for a round trip.

When you have first responders buying these type of radios no tags forced esn numbers to monkey flashes that not even the federal government can order in certain overloaded fashions eventually it'll get back to the real creator. Speculation but probably something along those lines occured and MOL legal got involved if they were tagless.

The problem is people are monkeying the firmware, flashes illegally then throwing a legit firmware update to clear the monkeying. But invalid esn's, tagless, dev alt, overlord bogus flashes it'll catch attention specially if a few volunteers buy a bunch then the chief or his boss goes to the sales rep and says well I can buy 10 of these 8000s for half of what you sell. Sales man will ask show me so.

Since last I knew the 8000 was only available to public safety and large entities, at least at one point not sure about now.

It might offend some but I believe whatever occured it was for the better. Those units do not need to make it into the public safety sector which unfortunately they are as well as older equipment with a Guangdong special dev test housing cleaned up.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
well there is a certain few groups where the seller is selling known ALT and parts built radios with whored out flash codes and counterfeit or no tags.. The people who are doing it are the ones running the group...

N4KVE

well there is a certain few groups where the seller is selling known ALT and parts built radios with whored out flash codes and counterfeit or no tags.. The people who are doing it are the ones running the group...
Bet you're talking about Alvaro Agon, & Evan Barcak.

WPXS472

There was a story circulating a few years back, supposedly true, about a fellow who made the hamfest circuit selling late model, new Motorola HTs. Seems this fellow had a buddy that worked in Motorola's shipping department. When large entities order radios by the hundreds or thousands even, it seems that big "M" makes a couple of dozen extra to account for early failures replaced under warranty. The story says that after a couple of years, there were lots of radios left over, just sitting in the warehouse. This buddy would ship them on the sly to this other gentleman who sold them at good prices at hamfests and, unfortunately, to public safety agencies. Seems that one of these agencies took some of these radios to a local Motorola shop and somehow, the serial numbers got back to Motorola whose records showed that those radios were never shipped out of the warehouse. A little investigation and the culprit was identified. The fellow selling radios at hamfests managed to avoid jail, but it was costly, to say the least. There was one model of Motorola portable that could be assembled from parts for about half of what it could be bought for. I personally know a fellow with a Motorola parts account who says he sold quite a few parts radios. He bought trashed, damaged ones to use for legit serial numbers. Of course, the radios had no tags. Or, seems like he printed his own.

i Admin many groups and Enforce the rules and one is POST the model and serial numbers of ALL radios to be sold many don't like the rule.i see many with no radio tags and have 1234ABC123 Serial numbers.

Kody_021

98950677cd25f2e270ef9febf8603ecb.png

Just took the screen shot. So after looking, there is actually only one apex8000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Interesting how several "key" numbers appear to have been camouflaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.