What Happened To Baytown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BasicDumbazz

Over the past few days I've noticed my scanner was unusually "quiet". Tonite while talking about it with some co-workers, they mentioned the same the same observation. For some reason we are unable to hear anything that Baytown broadcasts now. Someone commented that they heard that Baytown had "gone digital". Is this the case and if so what do we need to do to start receiving Baytown PD, Fire/EMS etc? We all agree that there is bound to be something happening in "crime free" Baytown.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Over the past few days I've noticed my scanner was unusually "quiet". Tonite while talking about it with some co-workers, they mentioned the same the same observation. For some reason we are unable to hear anything that Baytown broadcasts now. Someone commented that they heard that Baytown had "gone digital". Is this the case and if so what do we need to do to start receiving Baytown PD, Fire/EMS etc? We all agree that there is bound to be something happening in "crime free" Baytown.
I'll leave it to someone much closer to your area to confirm, but have noticed that a number of new talkgroups for Baytown have been recently added or updated on the digital TxWARN P25 system.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
As Steve mentioned they moved to the system he linked.

BasicDumbazz

Thanx for the info. I still don't understand all I know about these trunked systems. Does this mean that my new Pro-18 is now a very expensive paperweight???

Status
Not open for further replies.