What happened to CSU PD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chief3055

Premium Subscriber
I have not heard any traffic on the CSU dispatch frequency ( 452.050 / 156 DLP ) lately?

Steveofcleve

Premium Subscriber
Csu pd

I, too, have not heard anything from Cleveland State University PD for some time. They are on a trunked system but no activity there. They did just move into new facilities on campus.

Csu police ltr

If your scanner does narrowband ltr trunking i would say yes its not a strong system i live in parma and i get noise monitoring the system from home.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm waiting ot hear back from David regarding whether the DPL is supposed to be 156 (as listed in the DB) or 152 (which was just sent to me today).

In the meantime, perhpas you shoudl program in the CSU PD frequencies without the DPL tone until we get it sorted out.

Mike

chief305

I am now hearing CSU Police at 463.7625, I don't detect any PL/DPL. It does sound like a UHF trunked system, I will hear police most of the time, then parking, housekeeping occasionally.

Thanks to all for the response!

Chief3055

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The database has been changed to reflect a DPL of 152 for certain CSU conventional frequencies, such as 452.05 and a few simplex channels.

The frequency you mentioned [ 463.7625 ] is part of the CSU LTR system. That is a trunked system. You can program the LTR frequencies in conventionally if you don't have the capability of programming an LTR system into your scanner, but it does not transmit a PL tone and you will not see the talkgroups displayed on your scanner [although you'll hear them]. For those who can program an LTR system into your scanner, you are probably better off doing that since you will then see the various talkgroups.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.