What happened to Denver Zoo EDACS TG's??

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
For the last week+ it seems that ALL Denver Zoo TG's were/are 100% dead/offline/inactive on City Services EDACS, and they don't seem to be active on Denver's new MARC site either. Any idea where they went?? Is anyone still seeing "Joins" on Unitrunker logs?

Steve2003

For the last week+ it seems that ALL Denver Zoo TG's were/are 100% dead/offline/inactive on City Services EDACS, and they don't seem to be active on Denver's new MARC site either. Any idea where they went?? Is anyone still seeing "Joins" on Unitrunker logs?

Have you checked the Public Safety EDACS system lately? I did see them on there back in early February. Later tonight I'll import all my logs into my analytics database and see if anything interesting comes up.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Have you checked the Public Safety EDACS system lately? I did see them on there back in early February. Later tonight I'll import all my logs into my analytics database and see if anything interesting comes up.

Now that you mention it, about a month ago many of the Zoo channels started appearing on PS EDACS, and I permanently locked them out because they were so annoying. I will unlock them and see if they're still active...

Steve2003

Now that you mention it, about a month ago many of the Zoo channels started appearing on PS EDACS, and I permanently locked them out because they were so annoying. I will unlock them and see if they're still active...

If you have a scanner that supports multi-site EDACS trunking it might be worth programming both systems as a single system. I did this on my 536 a while back when groups from the public works system kept popping up on the public safety system. (TGIDs don't overlap between systems unless they are for the same channel). In the past I have even seen each system as site neighbors of one another in Unitrunker. With all the switching they are doing this works quite well.

-Steve

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
If you have a scanner that supports multi-site EDACS trunking it might be worth programming both systems as a single system. I did this on my 536 a while back when groups from the public works system kept popping up on the public safety system. (TGIDs don't overlap between systems unless they are for the same channel). In the past I have even seen each system as site neighbors of one another in Unitrunker. With all the switching they are doing this works quite well.

-Steve

My 396XT does support mutli-site systems; however it's limited to 10 "quick keys" per system for Groups, which basically forces me to create two separate systems. The new Uniden's have way, way, way, way more memory, I'm hoping I can buy one soon.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
So far I've not heard a single transmission from any Zoo TG on Denver PS EDACS, or the other two systems. It seems like Zoo TG's were constantly in use from morning till night, not sure what's going on...

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Wow, that would explain it. Perhaps the Zoo was told that Denver is planning to take all EDACS sites permanently out of service, and they decided it was cheaper to buy their own DMR system as opposed to P-25 Phase 2 radios compatible with MARC?? I believe the Cherry Creek School District is buying a DMR system for exactly the same reason...

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE: Unless someone objects, I will be submitting a DB update request to delete all Denver Zoo TG's from City Services EDACS & MARC...

MNN198

Premium Subscriber
And yes Cherry Creek Schools are going DMR. Got to see the room full of mobiles.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.