What happened to dunellen PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Done. I cannot (however) assign an out-of-county TRS to the subcatagory. I might get with the other admins on a way to do this...

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Thank you sir. I wouldn't have even brought it up but everytime I look down the list and see that... Idk.. Just strikes me as wrong. Thanks though much apprichiated

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Somerset County P25

Not that this is important at all cause it's common known knowledge by now, but if a administrator can either change or delete where the analog frequencies for Dunellen are.. It states that Dunellen is on the Piscataway Project 25 system, but they have migrated to Somersets's system.

I read about that change last year in the local county newspaper, however at that time, as my recollection recalls, Piscataway was still doing the dispatching for police and fire. There was a little controversey with the fd not happy about it. Thanks for helping get the database in the right direction.
That must be a gruling task, but with everyones help should make it a bit easier.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
I read about that change last year in the local county newspaper, however at that time, as my recollection recalls, Piscataway was still doing the dispatching for police and fire. There was a little controversey with the fd not happy about it. Thanks for helping get the database in the right direction.
That must be a gruling task, but with everyones help should make it a bit easier.

Yes I do believe they are still being dispatched from Piscataway. I cannot confirm if their fire/rescue are as well. The P-25 digital that Somerset County uses even though in phase 1 my Radio Shack Pro-106 has a hard time tracking it. Sometimes it's broken and garbled. That's for another forum though.....

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Good Topic for New Thread

Yes I do believe they are still being dispatched from Piscataway. I cannot confirm if their fire/rescue are as well. The P-25 digital that Somerset County uses even though in phase 1 my Radio Shack Pro-106 has a hard time tracking it. Sometimes it's broken and garbled. That's for another forum though.....

It would be interesting to see who and where, are receiving what systems... Back on topic...

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
It would be interesting to see who and where, are receiving what systems... Back on topic...

Not to tange off again, but Middlesex County's EDACS Standard/Provoice sometime this year will be migrating to P-25 in phase 2. I wonder if Dunellen will follow ( for interoprability purposes). Guess same goes for other municipalities that either are still conventional or wish to decommission their own talkgroup and join the counties.. Oh well time will tell for that fate.

TAMR213

Not to tange off again, but Middlesex County's EDACS Standard/Provoice sometime this year will be migrating to P-25 in phase 2. I wonder if Dunellen will follow ( for interoprability purposes). Guess same goes for other municipalities that either are still conventional or wish to decommission their own talkgroup and join the counties.. Oh well time will tell for that fate.

This sounds like a whole lotta conjecture to me...

Correct. Piscataway still handles all dispatching. Fire dispatch is done on the Analog channel still, but Chiefs and Fire units call into service on the P-25 Dunellen PD Frequency. Main fire operations still on Analog, although they use the PD channel to communicate with P-Way HQ ever since that whole drama with the FD dispatching issues.

Dunellen Rescue, I still have no idea where they are. Haven't heard them since everything was all Analog. Probably on the Piscataway system somewhere. Although if anybody can fill me in on that, It would be appreciated.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
I haven't really been following any of them for traffic except for Dunellens PD's region 12 on the Somerset P-25 talkgroup. Using the FCC's advanced license search might be a good start to find which frequencies if any are analog and still being used to find Dunellens Rescue. The link to get started finding them is :

License Search - Advanced License Search

Good luck

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Dispatch Changing

Sources indicate Dunellen to be dispatched by Somerset County in the coming months. This will be a fee for service arrangement.

Of course in public safety communications everything is subject to change depending on which way the political winds blow.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
That makes sense considering almost every other Police department on the Somerset County talkgroup is dispatched via county

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Yes Dunellen is in Middlesex County but it's police is not being dispatched by Dunellen per se. At first Dunellen subscribed to the newly designed Project 25 Phase 1 system that Piscataway fully implemented. However over the course of a few months they soon found that it was not such a good choice. Coverage believe it or not was not good ( Dunellen is just over 1 square mile). So they needed to find a new radio system and do it fast. They were able to get a talkgroup ID on the Somerset Counties Emergency Services P-25 group. So they migrated from Piscataways Fully Encrypted talkgroup to Somersets Talkgroup. Currently they are non-encrypted, but when they were on Piscataways for a short time they were fully encrypted.

Sources indicate Dunellen to be dispatched by Somerset County in the coming months. This will be a fee for service arrangement.

Of course in public safety communications everything is subject to change depending on which way the political winds blow.

That's good news. Hopefully it goes through. If this does happen, Dunellen should make use of those Ops 1 and 2 channels. I figured out that the rescue squad still operates on the Piscataway system along with DPW.

Keep fire ops on analog/analog simplex of course, and move rescue squad and DPW to Ops 1 and 2 respectively. They don't use those two at all.

As we approach the end of the year, we've all heard the talk that Dunellen has been planning to migrate over to Somerset County dispatch. Apparently sometime at the end of this year, or the beginning of January.

I've heard unconfirmed word from an insider that they might be planning on going back to the old system. (153.98) But please don't quote me on that, as I believe the switch to Somerset County is probably the direction they'll go.

But if anybody wants to share, or knows any other info about that, feel free to share here.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
As we approach the end of the year, we've all heard the talk that Dunellen has been planning to migrate over to Somerset County dispatch. Apparently sometime at the end of this year, or the beginning of January.

I've heard unconfirmed word from an insider that they might be planning on going back to the old system. (153.98) But please don't quote me on that, as I believe the switch to Somerset County is probably the direction they'll go.

But if anybody wants to share, or knows any other info about that, feel free to share here.

They should go back to their old VHF frequency. They could operate it in P25 conventional mode too which would serve them well.

Status
Not open for further replies.