What happened to Shortwave Log software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfreiman

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that the website for the Shortwave Log software is gone and now forwarding to a different software's website. Does anyone know what happened to Shortwave Log? It has been around forever and is by far the best Shortwave logging and radio control software out there.

sfreiman

Premium Subscriber
Shortwave Log is still gone. Sounds like something more is going on than what was described earlier. Any clue?

ToneBurst

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned
I have Shortwave Log installed on my system. If anyone wants a copy, please feel free to ask me. Hopefully, my offer doesn't violate any contractual or legal type stuff.

sfreiman

Premium Subscriber
Still can't figure out what happened to Shortwave Log software. Mine still works, but will miss the updates. This was by far the best SWL Software available. Tried Dxtra World Station again. I still hate it. IMHO it is garbage compared to Shortwave Log. Anybody hear any news about Shortwave Log anywhere?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
does anyone have a copy of the software? I can't find it on the website.

As I understand it, SWLog was a royal pain in the arse to configure correctly. There are likely better (easier) alternatives. What radio(s) are you trying to use?

Mike

sfreiman

Premium Subscriber
Tried the rest. By far Shortwave Log is the best hands down. Fortunately mine still works for the most part. Too bad it isn't being developed anymore. Nothing else even comes close.

Darth_vader

Here's my favourite logging program: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwrite
Or if that one's not available: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pico_(text_editor)

Best of all, they both use a common format so logs are viewable in about +-99% of the word processors in use today!

Sample output:
Code:
Radio log for: 1993 September 7279
Location scanned from: Somewhereville, WA
Equipment:
  Yacht Boy 400PE
  Baofeng UV5R
  David Clark S10DC

Freq     Time(G) Call                      S  Remarks
1   162.550  0007'20 KIG98                     4  NOAA Portland/scratchy but audible
2   25505.6  0014'19 Radio Voice of Timbuktu   1  barely audible, just pegs the meter
//
256 146.250  0100'33 W7AIA/R                   9  nothing too remarkable/special

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.