What happened to the Houston Discussion group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpunix

I've just recently got back into scanning after a long hiatus. I'm running the Galveston County Scanner feed on RR as we speak. There used to be a Yahoo group called Houston_Scan where like-minded scanner enthusiasts in the Greater Houston area discussed local scanner topics. I went to Yahoo and discovered that that the group has pretty much been abandoned and is full of nothing but spam. I sent emails to a couple of the more active members of the group inquiring about the group's status. All I got back was "crickets chirping at night" I.E. no response whatsoever. Did the group move to a different host? Have all scanner enthusiasts in Houston lost interest? I'm posting here in the hopes that one of the members of the old group will see it and tell me the status.

Last edited:

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
You must be looking at a different Yahoo Group as HoustonScan has zero spam and is quite active.

jpunix

You must be looking at a different Yahoo Group as HoustonScan has zero spam and is quite active.

Wow Kevin! Thanks! Can you provide me the direct URL to the group so I can re-join? I don't want to get the wrong group again. :(

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I'm responding from my phone, so a link is a little difficult for me. If Lou or Josh don't respond before I get home I'll post the link later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.