What Happened To Union County FD Dispatch on 453.950?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I recently noticed silence on this frequency and also see it was deleted from the DB. Did Union County decide not to simulcast FD dispatch on UHF anymore? Do all municipalities dispatch Fire on their respective NJICS Fire talkgroup now?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
That frequency is not licensed to the county, nor do they own the repeater. The agency that does is no longer dispatched by the county, but by Mountain Valley ECC.

Analogrules

OK, therefore I assume for example Cranford FD now dispatches only on NJICS TG 4629 even though the DB does NOT list this TG as "fire dispatch"? If so, shouldn't these Union County fireground talkgroups be renamed as "fire dispatch AND ops"?

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
I recently noticed silence on this frequency and also see it was deleted from the DB.

Springfield shut the equipment down after a change in ops, and the county determined it was unnecessary to continue a countywide simulcast of TG4443.

OK, therefore I assume for example Cranford FD now dispatches only on NJICS TG 4629 even though the DB does NOT list this TG as "fire dispatch"? If so, shouldn't these Union County fireground talkgroups be renamed as "fire dispatch AND ops"?

Cranford, the same as all other participating municipalities, is dispatched on County Fire Dispatch, TG 4443. They operate on Fireground 6, TG 4629. Nothing has changed. Bad assumption.

Analogrules

Oh ok. With 453.950 going silent, I had no idea what to think. I wouldn't be surprised if 460.100 (EMS dispatch) goes silent next.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Oh ok. With 453.950 going silent, I had no idea what to think. I wouldn't be surprised if 460.100 (EMS dispatch) goes silent next.

Being it's a multicast it won't due to the number of non-ICS/PSIC agencies that require access for EMS purposes.

Analogrules

Does it really matter what the frequency is licensed to? Are you saying that since 460.100 is licensed to the county, it will never go silent or be deprecated? (Apples and Oranges)

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Does it really matter what the frequency is licensed to?
Of course it matters, as evidenced in this situation. 453.950 is licensed to Springfield, not the county, and they decided they no longer needed/wanted a simulcast of the county dispatch on their channel.

Are you saying that since 460.100 is licensed to the county, it will never go silent or be deprecated? (Apples and Oranges)
I never said any such thing. The point I was making is that 460.100 is licensed to the county, therefore they're not at the mercy of anyone else when it comes to the use of the frequency.

You read too much into these things sometimes. :rolleyes:

rr60

Premium Subscriber
I have a zone programmed as Mountain Valley and have all the TGs known previously associated w that comm center. I added U/C FG3 Springfield to that zone.

I too can confirm same as @RadioDitch post #5, Springfield FD still with 2400.

Happy I added them to this zone though as they all run together in the mixing bowl.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
MV is simcasting on the main dispatch and then the TG's it is driving me nuts all the repeats comms btwn scanners.. At least for the Union County sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.