What happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufler

Moving the scanner from one room to the next while scanner was on, heard it beep. I pushed a button, then the unit displayed "hold" yet it was scanning in just the group that was displaying hold. Now the result was handy because it weas scanning on one group, though not particularly a group of interest. I tried pressing the scan key, unit still just scanned the group I was in, and the group was indicating hold. Only way I could get back was reloading, and then I had to delete all, then reload. Question, what happened, and there has to be a better way of getting back to scanning all rather than 1 group scanning. should say it was scanning on one system, and stuck, could not get it out of 1 system that was scanning.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Moving the scanner from one room to the next while scanner was on, heard it beep. I pushed a button, then the unit displayed "hold" yet it was scanning in just the group that was displaying hold. Now the result was handy because it weas scanning on one group, though not particularly a group of interest. I tried pressing the scan key, unit still just scanned the group I was in, and the group was indicating hold. Only way I could get back was reloading, and then I had to delete all, then reload. Question, what happened, and there has to be a better way of getting back to scanning all rather than 1 group scanning. should say it was scanning on one system, and stuck, could not get it out of 1 system that was scanning.

You didn't mention what scanner you are asking about, but.......

Was the word "Hold" flashing on and off?

y84media

Oh, I thought you were asking "What happened" to that app.

teufler

I'm sorry, it was the 396xt, yes hold was flashing yet it was not holding on one frequency but holding on the system yet scanning on that system. I pressed some button carring the scanner from one room to the other. Turning off, then on, did NOT solve the problem. Reloaded the file, still had the problem, so via Freescan, deleted all, had nothing to scan, then reloaded and poroblem solved. If I was a way from the computer, I would be out of luck. Just trying to see if anyone else hd this happened and what button they recycled to set the scanner back to a normal all system scan.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I'm sorry, it was the 396xt, yes hold was flashing yet it was not holding on one frequency but holding on the system yet scanning on that system. I pressed some button carring the scanner from one room to the other. Turning off, then on, did NOT solve the problem. Reloaded the file, still had the problem, so via Freescan, deleted all, had nothing to scan, then reloaded and poroblem solved. If I was a way from the computer, I would be out of luck. Just trying to see if anyone else hd this happened and what button they recycled to set the scanner back to a normal all system scan.

You had put your scanner in the "System Hold" mode. It's in the manual.

If you press and hold the "Hold" key until the scanner beeps and the display says "System Hold On" you can enter that mode again. At this point "Hold" will be flashing on the display, and only what is in the system when you entered that mode will be scanned.

To exit that mode, simply press and hold the "Hold" key again (takes 3-4 seconds) until it beeps and the display shows "System Hold Off".

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Yep. A simple system hold fix. Glad that you got a good answer.

BTW What ever happened to your scanning issue while in Virginia Beach area? Did you figure out how to get all the channels to come through?

teufler

oh, its streaming now. its coming in good. went to the control frequencies only, and in search mode, with rebanding, I had put in all the frequencies on the system, but that didn't seem to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.