What happens if I come across a unknown ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortwavewave

Ive been scanning alot lately and what if my scanner picks up a ID thats not in the DB?

for example,

56560 on the Motorola State of Oklahoma DPS

and 02-016 on the EDACS system?

Oh and also, am I really picking up Tulsa here in OKC? on 40976 and 38064?

Last edited:

Shortwavewave

Thats just it though, how do I idenitify it? Theres not much that goes on on these IDs to even have a spark of an idea.

Is it possible to have ID glitch?(like a bleed over from another ID)

mfolta1

just get on here and tell us the id and that you have heard traffic on it but that you are unable to identify it, from that point some of us will monitor the id and hopefully pin it down as to what or whom it is.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Thats just it though, how do I idenitify it? Theres not much that goes on on these IDs to even have a spark of an idea.
In addition to enlisting help, might I recommend using IDTracker to monitor. Set up the BCT8 (from your sig) to monitor those TRS'. You can have it record and log the unknown ID's while ignoring those that you already know (you will have to set up the known ones to ignore). This freeware (IMHO) far outstrips any other product for customizing what you record and log.

Shortwavewave

Thanks loumaag, Ive been wanting to use IDtracker but I need to find the right DB9 cable, ive tryed 2 already and they dont work, the one from radio shack works for my R75 but not my BCT8. Ill just have to wait and come up with one.

Guess for now Ill use the ol' pen & notebook

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Thanks loumaag, Ive been wanting to use IDtracker but I need to find the right DB9 cable, ive tryed 2 already and they dont work, the one from radio shack works for my R75 but not my BCT8. Ill just have to wait and come up with one.

Guess for now Ill use the ol' pen & notebook
Hmm, wonder what the problem is. I mean, it is just a standard serial cable; nothing special, no null modem, no circuitry at all.

Shortwavewave

Would anyone happen to have a stright DB9 Cable in the OKC area? Id drive to pick it up, and pay up to $12(avarage price) for one.

Thanks!

AE5C

I picked one up at my local Radio Shack. Probably one pretty close to you. :lol:

Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.