What I do! My 668

Status
Not open for further replies.

firecatohio

Went and did a database update on scanner. It was working perfectly. I travel so being able to punch in county I'm In and bam, full list. Now when I put in a county, says loaded "x" amount of channels but when I hit play, it says nothing to play... now I have a empty radio, what did I do or what do I need to do so be back where I was...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Swipesy

It appears to me that the database did not make it to the SD Card. I would first check that the latest database is downloaded to EZScan. Then copy Library to Scanner SD Card. Also say yes after copy to LOCATION IS SAME ON Card. Should fix the issue.

firecatohio

Will give it a shot... just trying this thing out.. my next thing is, I made a Playlist to be able to hear traffic when I have a run. Has 10 channels on it. But when I turn on my scanner I get over 100, with channels I don't wanna hear? What I do there?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Swipesy

Let's start from the top.

1. Are you using the Radio Shack software to program the radio?
2. If so, on the General Tab, create your Playlists by giving them a name in the Alpha Tag column. Then click on Disable All Playlists
3. On the lower right hand corner change Select Places to Off
4. Then Click on Enable next to each Playlist you want to listen to.
5. I am guessing that you used the Zip Code method for importing from the Library. That will always pull in every frequency and Talkgroup associated with the Zip Code. as a result you get all kinds of stuff you don't wabt to hear. Using Zip Code is not the preferred way to import because of that. I under stand you want to use it because you move around to different locations. To try and disable the "stuff" you don't want to hear from the radio keypad is a monumental task.
6. If you used Zip Code method you now have to go through the Conventional and Trunk System Tabs in the Software and either disable or delete each frequency you do not want to listen to.
7. After Step 6 you then have to assigne the remaining frequencies and Talgroups to the PlayList number you created in Step #2 above.
8. When you have completed Stepts 1-8 you then have to copy the software configuration to the Scanner SDCard. It is best if you have an external card reader to do this. It is much, much faster and less chance of corrupting the card.
9. Lastly copy the Library from the Software to the SDCard. Also copy Location.

After completing these steps you can then use the Scanner SDCard to import new frequencies and Talkgroups from the Scanner. That is a very tricky process because you should have pre established Playlist to import to. Otherwise you are going to have a mess of frequencies and Talkgroups in the wrong Playlist and you will have to go through the clean up process frequently to prevent getting what you don't want.

Report back if any of this is not clear or you need additional help. Once you get the hang of the software it becomes second nature.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.