What info are you trying to identify in Champaign-Urbana?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubn

Database Admin
What are you guys listening to mostly in the Champaign/Urbana area?

I'm into verfiying licensed and unlicensed businesses in the area, especially stores and restaurants on N Prospect/N Neil. Lately I've also looked at fast food frequencies. I also like scanning during events like Unofficial, Illini football/basketball, Sweetcorn Festival, etc.
This is what I am currently working on.
Federal courthouse
Have you found what the federal courthouse uses? I don't know if they use radios or what frequency they're on. I haven't found any federal users in Champaign.

990adv

So far I have no information regarding the Federal courthouse. Still working my way down through the list I posted.

Currently my focus is to to figure out what analog frequencies to program in to my existing scanners and the Ham radios for my local area.

This is involving some work. I find that each system,if you will, requires a different set of priorities. Home scanners vs handheld scanner. Home Ham gear vs mobile Ham gear vs handheld Ham gear. Then there is local around town programming vs out of town programming.

cubn

Database Admin
467.900 DCS662 Farm & Fleet?

Heard activity today about a parking lot and airport. Farm & Fleet had it's reopening today...I'm assuming that's who was using this frequency.

cubn

Database Admin
Various updates...

Hearing tonight a new tone on U of I's 453.450 DCS051. Some kind of maintenance personnel. Also a new tone on 453.325 DCS051. Both of these used to have a weird combination of tones depending on who was talking and sometimes no tone was present (see database).

Saw this summer that Bob Evans has some CLS or XTN itinerant style walkie talkies but they weren't using them when I was there.

I posted about Farm and Fleet before. Not sure what 467.900 DCS662 was but the store uses 467.850 DCS423.

I was able to do some federal band searching during weekday hours and posted what I found. I don't have NAC capability so hopefully someone can help fill in those gaps for me.

Some good listening opportunities coming up this week...

Thursday - Champaign-Urbana - The RadioReference Wiki#U_of_I_Move-In_Day

Fri/Sat - Champaign-Urbana - The RadioReference Wiki#Sweetcorn_Festival_-_Urbana

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.