what is 10-200

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostdog

when i was listen to payson the other night about that home invison they kept on saying 10-200 never have heard that before i thought that some one might know thanks ghostdog

halespa

As a retired LE from Utah, there is no 10-200 code, as such. It may be a local code used by that agency and could mean anything, but, there is no such code on the "official 10-code used by 99% of the state. The old "CB" code used 10-200 as a potty break.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
As a retired LE from Utah, there is no 10-200 code, as such. It may be a local code used by that agency and could mean anything, but, there is no such code on the "official 10-code used by 99% of the state. The old "CB" code used 10-200 as a potty break.

I thought 10-100 was a potty break lol. I havent heard of 10-200 either but have heard the others plus other codes

AD7ZW

when i was listen to payson the other night about that home invison they kept on saying 10-200 never have heard that before i thought that some one might know thanks ghostdog

If i remember right from my dispatch training 13 years ago i believe 10-200 is the Utah County code for an Attempt to Locate or ATL.

Junior1970

10-200

In Utah County 10-200 is a county wide road block. Usually law enforcement has units at every highway leading into or out of the county. This doesn't happen very often but when it does it's usually something big like the incident in Payson Monday night.
The last time I heard this used was a few years ago after a murder occured in Orem and I was on ride along with American Fork PD. the county dispatch channel was full of chatter about the 10-200 that was then in progress and we were stationed on I-15 for a time but never saw the suspect in that crime for if it had I would have been walking down the freeway for ride alongs don't get to play if a chase is on!

FWIW: 10-100 in Utah County is a county wide road watch.

Last edited:

ghostdog

that sound like it

that what it sound like mondaynight never have heard that one before got most of them down but that one thanks junior 1970

Status
Not open for further replies.