What is a 700 LT System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teebee

I was doing a custom search in the 700 range looking for any new control channels. Something showed up I have never seen before. It stopped on freq. 774.5937mhz (cc). It displayed as LT System with no system id. There were a couple of IDs that displayed a couple of times with this as there was no audio each time the ID displayed. One of the id's was "1-22-049". I did not catch the other one fast enough.

This happened on two different freqs. as it was searching. I was not able to write down the second LT System cc freq. it stopped on. It as well displayed another id displayed as what appeared to be the same type of ID as above but a different one.

Does anyone have any info on what this is. Again there was no audio each time it stopped on the ID. It was silent the whole time it paused on the ID's

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
LT stands for an LTR system - Logic Trunked Radio. LTR trunked systems don't have a 24/7 control channel like a typical trunked system. Instead, the control data is sent over the audio channels at a subaudible level.

The fact that you are hearing this on 700 mhz leads me to believe you are hearing an "image" of the real LTR frequencies, which are probably on UHF or 800 Mhz.

What type of scanner are you using, and what county/st are you in?

Mike

teebee

I am using a Uniden BCD996T. I am in St. Mary Parish, Louisiana.
Please keep in mind this may have not been a very close system as I was receiving several sites at a distance yesterday morning with skip. I was recieving LWIN sites from New Orleans, and also picking up MWIN sites around Jackson, MS at the time so it could have been anything between here and there.

I wondered if it was an LTR system, but what through me off was I did not there was any LTR systems on 700mhz that I was aware of.

monitor142

Actually 700MHz SMR's do exist. I remembered that there are some narrow band FM systems up in Texas. After doing some research there's a system in the DFW area, Pro2Way that has a 700MHz Passport system up. If I recall, these freqs are owned/licensed to a different company and the two-way shops are leasing the channels and setting up systems. Not saying this is what you have have been hearing per se but they are out there. Motorola was making CDM and HT series stuff for this small market but have stopped. Don't know if anything else will come out in the future...makes it hard to sell airtime without having the radios to do it : (

Pro2Way DFW 700 Passport linky: <http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=3798>

Happy monitoring....err Turkey Day!

-M142

Status
Not open for further replies.