What is everyone getting for towersite range distance on ARMER

Status
Not open for further replies.

peq387ab

Premium Subscriber
Just curious what everyone is getting for normal range of ARMER towersites on a typical day. I live in central Minnesota and I get a range of with my Wilson Yagi beam “see link below of the type of antenna” normal days I can get up to 40 miles as the crow files with excellent signal. I typically get about 30 miles in all directions and I live in a normal terrain area, is a couple ridges. Also my antennas are about 25 feet in the air with a run of 50 feet of cheap Walmart RG6 Coax. This summer I’m gonna upgrade haha. Seeing what others normally get for range with their setups on ARMER

blue5011

When I had an outdoor simple scanner antenna up (30 ft), I could receive 10-12 different tower sites.

Now I use a back-of scanner "rubber-ducky" antenna. I can pick up the nearest three towers great. I am only interested in what is happening in Faribault County.

Anything involving nearby counties generally ends up on a "SC TAC" channel anyway, so I can hear it there. This morning the Anoka Fire 2 channel was coming through loud and clear. Why that TG ends up on a southern MN tower 100 miles away is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.