What is HP-1 version 2, and do I have it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayb2468

Below is from HP-1 user's manual on line. I'm not sure if I have version 2 or not. Different from HP-2
I have firmware 2.06
dbase 4-30-17
help 12-7-11
esn 36326-038004742-0FF
s/n 363z36004742
HomePatrol sentinel is version 2.03, revision 02

My sentinel won't let me change the alert tone from "off" to "tone = 1". The feature is there but grayed out. My arc536pro demo let me get into it and change it. but I damaged my favorites list in writing back to the scanner. Cleared my user data, rewrote favorites, works now and the alert beep works. So do I have HomePatrol-1 version 2 or not is my question? If I do, shouldn't my sentinel let me edit these features (id search too, same problem). This is a used scanner of my friends and I'd buy it if I can update it and it is cheep enough, but don't want it if it is too out of date. I'm going to use it in my car and want to differentiate agencies without being able to see the screen and the beeps seem to be my answer. Thanks. Jay

From the manual on line: this is different from the extreme update from what I can tell.
HomePatrol‐1 Version 2
Starting with Version 2, the HomePatrol‐1 includes many advanced features available by purchasing a registration key from Uniden. For information on unlocking and using these features, see the separate HomePatrol Extreme Users Guide. Even without the registration key, you can take advantage of these advanced features, many of which can be programmed using HomePatrol Sentinel software:

Per‐channel delay – lets you determine how long the HomePatrol‐1 stays on a channel after the transmission ends. Longer delays help prevent missing replies. Shorter delays improve overall scanning speed.

Better location precision for systems – allows you to define a department’s location and range using up to 32 rectangles instead of a single circle (circles are still supported).

Multi‐Favorite List Support – lets you monitor up to 256 Favorites List at a time, or combine Favorites Lists and the Full Database for monitoring.

Channel Alerts – sounds a programmable alert when a channel set to alert becomes active.

Unit ID Tagging – displays an alpha tag showing the information about a specific radio unit being received.

ID Search – stops on all unavoided radio traffic, even if the channel is not in HomePatrol‐1’s database.

Emergency Alert – sounds an alert when a unit triggers their emergency status (on compatible radio systems).
A coordinated HomePatrol‐1 website (HomePatrol) provides a variety of support features and information. Become part of the HomePatrol‐1 family by getting involved in the discussion forums.

marksmith

All of that is extreme upgrade. It's the only thing where you update the HP1 with a registration key.

Never heard of "version 2".

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

Blackswan73

As already stated, the only paid upgrade for the HP2 and HP2, is the extreme upgrade. If I remember correctly, the extreme upgrade was only available with firmware version 2.0 and up. Perhaps this is what it means

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
The HP1 was at one time referred to as being "version 2" when the 2.xx.xx firmware was released. It introduced those features you mentioned, and the ability to be upgraded to the "extreme upgrade". The extreme upgrade was not needed to use the features listed in "Version 2". Note the text "Even without the registration key"

From the Home Patrol-1 version 2.2 owner's manual:

hp1v2.jpg

From the manual at:

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/HomePatrol/WebHome/HomePatrol_OM_V2.pdf

If you have the latest firmware for your HP-1 (ver 2.06.06) you have what was once referred to as the HP-1 Ver 2.

marksmith

Well, then the answer to the OP'S question, since he has firmware 2.06 (which happens to be the latest for the HP1) is yes, you have version 2.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Well, then the answer to the OP'S question, since he has firmware 2.06 (which happens to be the latest for the HP1) is yes, you have version 2.

Correct, he has version 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.