What Is I-Call And Does Western Wayne Mutual Aid Use It??

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadman1977

What is I-Call? Does the Western Wayne Mutual Aid make use of it? I have a Uniden BCD396T....how do I use I-Call on this scanner?

I-Call is when one radio user makes a call directly to another radio. This is a "private" call between the two radios.

Yes they do use it rather infrequently though

ROCKnTIME

True, I’ve been listening to Western Wayne Co. for several months for about 8 to 10 hours per day and have never heard an I-Call conversation to date. The City of Livonia on the other hand is a different story. They use I-Call frequently.

bigbluemsp

MSP will use the I-Call quite often depending on whats going on. Most of the time its between the Post and a Troop. Sometimes Station 20 (District 2 Dispatch) will use I-Call to call a specific trooper to give them info.

MetalManMI

Hmmm...from the user's point of view (mine), I-Call is the calling channel of the NPSPAC 800Mhz International Mutual Aid system/frequencies (866.0125/156.7PL).

I guess it just depends on who you ask...!

cristisphoto

Umm Actually!!!

NO!!!
All ICall is a feature where users of a truked system can "privatly", talk to each other...
Both Edacs and Motorola has it...
But you MUST program your system so it will scan for them .
Like having your System in Search mode as opposed to Scan mode...
It s automatic IF someone uses Icall then yoru scanner will pick it up with rguar ID's with ID that look like:
i45876

So yeah ,
it's easy nough once you learn how...
Just use you function key on the left hand side and select the system
choose Edit Sys Option,
Then Scroll down too Set Icall
to ON
if you set ONLY then NONE of the regular TGID's will be recieved..
SOOO
Anyways,
IT easy nough
JSo JUst do it
and GET EERRR DOOONE lol
Regards
Crista

m297

MetalManMI said:
Hmmm...from the user's point of view (mine), I-Call is the calling channel of the NPSPAC 800Mhz International Mutual Aid system/frequencies (866.0125/156.7PL).

I guess it just depends on who you ask...!

Yes you are refering to the federal mutual aid freq. which is actually called I-CALL and labeled same in the radio's. Usually when someone wants to talk to the dispatcher in private they them "give me a private call"..

Sounds pretty simple to me......!!!

bvankl

Premium Subscriber
Icall/itac

Actually ICALL and the ITAC channels are non-trunked, conventional 800 frequencies. They are used if the system fails or two radios want to communicate outside of there coverage area. You will also see this used if you are in a location that will not be able to hit a tower. You will find ICALL usually can hit a conventional repeater but you can also bypass the repeater.

Private calls are a seperate feature which still uses the digital system.

Last edited:

MetalManMI

bvankl said:
Actually ICALL and the ITAC channels are non-trunked, conventional 800 frequencies. They are used if the system fails or two radios want to communicate outside of there coverage area. You will also see this used if you are in a location that will not be able to hit a tower. You will find ICALL usually can hit a conventional repeater but you can also bypass the repeater.

Private calls are a seperate feature which still uses the digital system.

Precisely! That is exactly right. I suspect the Uniden scanners may refer to the private calls on the digital system as ICall or something, but to me, based on my usage, I-Call is what you and I described.

MetalManMI

cristisphoto said:
NO!!!
All ICall is a feature where users of a truked system can "privatly", talk to each other...
Both Edacs and Motorola has it...
But you MUST program your system so it will scan for them .

Just for clarification...when I say "from the user's point of view"...I am not referring to the scanner. I'm one of those guys you're listening to, so I mean from the point of view of someone that transmits on the radio system(s)...

:)

cristisphoto

MetalManMI said:
Just for clarification...when I say "from the user's point of view"...I am not referring to the scanner. I'm one of those guys you're listening to, so I mean from the point of view of someone that transmits on the radio system(s)...

:)

LOL
Often though leaving out dispatch. users of a system will chit chat to each other as they would a cell phone,
Not knowing that ,"monitors can hear them..
anywyas
Just curious if you don't mind teling what do you do?
Warm regards
Crista

Me I served i the US navy before a medical discharge in 2000
Now I just goof the days away lol:lol:
Yep I'm a skater....

MetalManMI

cristisphoto said:
Just curious if you don't mind teling what do you do?
Warm regards
Crista

I work for Wayne County Sheriff's Office (command staff, special ops)

cristisphoto

OOH the big dogs
:wink:
Just dont let the stress get to ya..
Cause I imagine It can be hairy..
Remember before duty have a cup or two of tea..
And a good comedy dvd or cd helps on your break..
Larry the Cable guy is my fav
Anyways, I'll quit buggin ya
and thanks for the clarification of "real world" Icall verses Uniden's Icall.
Warm regards,
Crista

skip21

Premium Subscriber
I am new to digital and would like to know if anything special(programming) that has to be done using a GRE PSR-500 scanner to receive these I-Call transmissions?

How can you identify whichs systems use I-Call? (only EDACS and MOTOROLA?)

Besides Western Wayne Co. Mutual Aid does MPSCS use I-Call too?

PS to MetalManMI: Does the WCSO still have a mounted patrol?(use of horses)

xpawel15x

A city in my area uses conventional 800mhz ITAC and I-CALL freqs, can I receive them with a Pro-97 ? I programmed it normally into my scanner, never heard anything on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.