What is IREACH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flydream777

I understand what ISPERN is, because I frequently hear ppl broadcasting on it. But what is IREACH? I almost never hear any activity in the Chicagoland area, except for maybe Kane or Kendall counties giving out an accident w/injuries, and asking for responding units to give an ETA... Couldn't they just do this on their own dispatch channels? (the only units that respond are their own...there's not a mutual aid thing)... So what exactly is the purpose of IREACH (155.055)?

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
It has different uses in different areas of the state, whether it be proper or not.

May be used as a "Landing Zone" radio channel for Helicopter EMS Operations.

May be used "city-to-city/county/state" mobile for mutual aid.

May be used in some areas just as a car-to-car (not proper)

Also can be used by Fire/EMS agencies to contact Police Departments or the local ISP District dispacher, if they monitor it in your area.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
IREACH is the "chat" channel in Illinois...just about any PS discipline can use it for interagency contact.

R

Rayjk110

I've got that channel programmed in one of my VHF Spectras and hear quite a bit of activity, actually.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Basically, its what thousands of agencies could do rather than spending Mega-buck$$ for "Interoperable" radio systems. Illinois was way ahead of the curve with IREACH and ESMARN IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.