What Is It??? Grey Box???

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFI-EMI-GUY

I figure it must transmit and receive as everything does today.

Mounted at a 4 way stop in my neighborhood. A street that does get complaints of folks speeding and running stop signs.

It is apparently not a camera. What is it, who makes it, what does it do? Lots of locks, but those hose clamps only require a screwdriver. Just say'in...

IMG_0003.jpgIMG_0004.jpgIMG_0007.jpg

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Does it also set off speed radar detectors in the vicinity?

RFI-EMI-GUY

Looks like it does. It shows a "speed resolution" in the specs.

I suspect some speed bumps or at least increased patrols are in the future.

Indeed it does. I need to spoof it somehow to record 500 MPH, perhaps with a fan motor or microwave diode and oscillator.

Collect The Traffic Data You Need
Messaging signs and speed trailers work to slow down traffic and modify driver behavior in the vicinity of the sign. But if you want to study how people are driving when they feel like no one is watching, then you need a solution like the Stalker Traffic Data Collector (TDC).
Housed in a weatherproof, lockable housing, the Traffic Data Collector utilizes Stalker’s legendary radar technology to collect data on both closing traffic (i.e.- vehicles moving towards your sign) and away traffic (i.e.- vehicles moving away from your sign) so you can measure traffic data on both sides of your road with one convenient traffic system.
Once you have collected your data, you can download it into the included Stalker Easy Analyst software to create beautiful, NHTSA-compliant free-flow traffic counts, speed analysis charts, traffic flow graphics, and more.
The software is intuitive and easy to use, and the reports can be used to support grant applications, community policing efforts, and infrastructure planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.