What is it

Status
Not open for further replies.

prcguy

I think its a scanner antenna made by a TV antenna company. The two holes in the boom would be typical for a U bolt to mount it so the elements are vertical and it would use a 75 to 300 ohm transformer.
prcguy

WB4CS

Thanks i thought it was some one told me it was a ham radio just making sure

It could be usable on ham radio. If you've got an analyzer test it out. Without the measurements it's hard to tell what frequency it's designed for, but if it was designed for VHF it might just work on 2M.

prcguy

Its a simple cluster of dipoles sharing a common feed with an in phase transmission line between them. If it were a TV antenna it would usually be a log periodic type and the feed interconnect wires would cross over every other dipole.

If you mount it vertically and the mast does not protrude above the mount it would be fairly omni directional.
prcguy

wtp

old scanner antenna

it elements look like vhf hi,vhf low and 400 mhz.
it is meant to be used vertically thats why the holes are where they are. it is meant to stick out from a pole.
so that is my "guess"

Kilhunter

Well through research I finally figured out what it is
Antennacraft SA-1-75KT here is the specs

VHF low
27-54 MHz
108-175 MHz
430-512 MHz

Is it a scanner,ham or tv new to this thanks

dmg1969

Killhunter, are you keeping it or looking to sell it? If you are looking to sell it, I may be interested. If so, PM me.

Kilhunter

Sorry going to keep it I'm going use with my BC 224clt I like monitor the repeaters looking to get into amateur radio real soon but I know of one more exactly like that I maybe able get my hands I will check

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Radio Shack sold one darn near identical to that. Used it for years. Darn nice antenna for a scanner. Too bad I busted the snot outta it when I was moving it to a new tower once.

dmg1969

Sorry going to keep it I'm going use with my BC 224clt I like monitor the repeaters looking to get into amateur radio real soon but I know of one more exactly like that I maybe able get my hands I will check

OK...let me know. PM me. Thanks!

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Gentlemen, please remember all Buy, Trade and Sell must be done in the Classifieds forum.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.