what is left on analog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike-KC8OWL

99% of my analog activity is focused on civilian and military air. Lots of that out here. Also - a number of the taxi / limo companies are still on analog systems (for now).

Fairly certain these are interagency frequencies for: BLM, National Park Service, Forestry, and Fish and Wildlife.

Red Rock: 172.600 / 100hz
Lake Mead: 170.050 / 107.2 hz
Mt Wilson: 166.300 / 107.2 hz
Mt. Charleston: 166.2375 / 114.8hz

The Lake Mead and Red Rock frequencies are the most active. Was really surprised how many people die at the lake that never make it to the local news. About 300 in the last decade.

DeepBlue

MURS, quite a bit of Land Mobile, CB, FRS, GMRS, wireless microphones... (It is Vegas, right?) There's likely quite a bit of stuff out there. You may have to search for it using a scanners Close Call or similar search methods. Probably a lot of detectives out there using cheap VHF and UHF "bugs" too. ;)

Sean

The wireless mikes, now that could be a blast.
So I will be carrying the scanner with me.
Going to stay at Sams Town.
I guess that's a bit off of the strip.
I will try the MURS fress.
Thank you guys. I will post what I find.
DW
So Cal

Paysonscanner

Fairly certain these are interagency frequencies for: BLM, National Park Service, Forestry, and Fish and Wildlife.

Red Rock: 172.600 / 100hz
Lake Mead: 170.050 / 107.2 hz
Mt Wilson: 166.300 / 107.2 hz
Mt. Charleston: 166.2375 / 114.8hz

The Lake Mead and Red Rock frequencies are the most active. Was really surprised how many people die at the lake that never make it to the local news. About 300 in the last decade.

166.2375 is the input for the BLM's Redrock/Sloan Field Office net of the Southern Nevada District, BLM. Both are National Conservation Areas. 172.5250 is the output and repeaters are located near the visitor center at Redrock Canyon, on Mt. Potosi and Angel Peaks. It is for both law enforcement and admin. uses. I don't think anyone but the U.S. Forest Service (USFS) has a repeater on the top of Mt. Charleston. I have a 2017 map that indicates this. The Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest uses 172.2750, but I don't have the input frequency. I think the 166.3000 frequency is the admin repeater output frequency for Lake Mead NRA. Admin includes maintenance, rangers who do talks/presentations and resource management. There might be more repeaters on 172.6000, which I believe is used by BLM and NPS law enforcement rangers, U.S. Forest Service LEO's and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service wildlife officers, so it is the only true "interagency frequency" on your list. I think the 170.0500 frequency is the repeater output for Lake Mead's LE rangers. My Dad reminds us not to call the U.S. Forest Service "Forestry" as it can be confused with state forestry agencies. The Nevada Division of Forestry has repeaters in the area too with 158.8950 being the output. Same is kinda true for the USFWS also. California changed the name of its agency from the CA Department of Fish and Game to the CA Department of Fish and Wildlife in about the last 10 years and now people confuse the fed and state agency. Nevada Department of Wildlife is another natural resource agency in the area and they use 151.4750 on their repeaters.

Paysonscanner

I forgot to mention that 173.7625 is the BLM's Southern Nevada District net (Las Vegas and Pahrump Field Offices). The statewide BLM "Scene of Action" frequency is 171.6750. It can be used simplex and on portable repeaters as needed. Every BLM state office has a "SOA" frequency except for the Eastern States and Alaska state offices.

Status
Not open for further replies.