What is low batt value for Pro 96?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newmission

Just curious...

What's a good value to set for the low batt on the Pro96 using 2000mAh NiMh?

Also,

Figured I'd throw this in here too if there are any techies viewing... I have all my banks in "open" mode and like it that way. But is there any way to "back trace" the trunked ID so I can put an alpha with it?

THANKS! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!
Justin

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
What do you mean by back trace??. I suggest you get win96 & a programming cable. make it a lot easier programming & adding tags. to scroll thru the TG manually, push fctn & trunk at the same time and & then use up / down arrow keys to go through the TG's manually
I think I managed to type that correct hehe

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
To Alpha tag a talkgroup,
1. Navigate to desired bank then press PGM TRUNK
2. UP/DOWN to first ID then press TEXT (prompt will be on left of line 3)
3. Using keyboard (letters are listed above numbers) Press a number for your first letter and select the position of letter as listed on line 4 of display (1, 2, 3 or 4). The prompt will move to next location. Text in up to 12 characters then Press ENTER.
4. Up to next ID, repeat step 3 & 4 until all are entered..

To Alpha tag a frequency,
1. Navigate to desired bank and frequency then press PGM.
2. Press TEXT
3. Use step 3 and 4 above.

newmission

Excellent help fellas! THANKS!

Thing is I do have Win96, that's where the first question came from. I guess I'm just getting to know the software. What I mean by "back trace", is simply to tag an alpha to the trunk ID so I know what talk group it's coming from. What I found is I had the "ID Sub-bank ON/Off" box checked and that fixed me up. Even still I'm curious of why my fourth line still says MOT: 1000 during trunk.

Still wondering about a voltage value to set for some 2000mAh NiMh batts.

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
PRO-96 Battery Level LO

Still wondering about a voltage value to set for some 2000mAh NiMh batts.[/QUOTE said:
Justin-

Several folks on RR advised me to use 3.94 as the LO battery level on my PRO-96--I think I was using 2000mAh batteries back then.

Now I use Duracell 2650mAh batteries, and I've since lowered my LO battery level to 3.91.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Even still I'm curious of why my fourth line still says MOT: 1000 during trunk.
That would be an unsaved ID during Open Mode scanning. Once saved, it will indicate ID# 1000 until you tag it.

Apparently your system is P25 to get MOT: 1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.