what is the best squelch setting for fleetnet pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3JSO

this might have been asked before but what is that best squelch setting for fleetnet here is what i have
in band sq time out is 5 out of band sq time out is 15 under spectrum sweeper i have wide sq time out 5
narrow sq time out 1 5 narrow sq time out 2 10 am unmute delay 150 fm unmute delay is 40 what i am trying to do is improve the chances of not missing any ems transmissions because some times when ems transmit my scanner picks it up at the middle or at the end and i am still trying to get this right any suggestions would be helpfull

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
The only way to truly speed it up to miss less transmissions... would be to scan fewer objects.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
When I want to focus on a single agency, or just a few, I use the Favourites scanlist for that. In my case for here in Strathroy I have London West EMS, County Fire and Strathroy Fire in it... If something is going on I can switch to that list and know I'm not going to miss anything. In your case it sounds like you like listening to EMS.. so maybe just dedicate a scanlist to EMS and you can toggle other stuff on and off as you see fit, while leaving EMS alone.

VE3JSO

yea ems is pretty active in my area of the city i see them go by at least 2-4 times a day give or take so try and put them in my fave scan list and when they are really busy i will go from there to see if that works thanks again

VE3JSO

yea ems is pretty active in my area of the city i see them go by at least 2-4 times a day give or take so try and put them in my fave scan list and when they are really busy i will go from there to see if that works thanks again
ok i just entered ems opp and ems pageing into the scan list and it seems to do the trick after a year going nuts messing around with the settings all that it was i had to much in a scan list:)

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Been there done that :)

I quite often forget about the Favourites list, but it's handy for scenarios like that.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

When I lived in Toronto I had a system saved for my police division, the NW and SW EMS talkgroups and the relevant fire talkgroups for my area.

If you try to scan everything you are gonna miss lots of stuff.

Now, for Burlington, I keep a simple fave list for only the area and I can keep a handle on all things Burlington.

uncleblackie

Yes, definitely narrow down your scanlists as much as possible.
My 600 is used exclusivley for fleetnet and I have each zone setup as it's own V folder.
Within that folder I have each agency setup as it's own scanlist with the appropriate TG's for that zone.

01)OPP
02)CISO
03)MNR
04)MTO Enforcement
05)OFM/MUTUAL AID
06)MOH
07)MOC
08)MTO Maintenance
09)Local Agencies
10)Bell Techs

Seems to work for me but YMMV.

Last edited: