What is the cheapest bcd436hp/536hp you have purchased

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa4dou

Premium Subscriber
I see wild price excursions on Ebay from ballpark retail to double that level. I generally stay away from that site, due to all the thieves, liars and crooks. I generally prefer to buy "new" unopened, untouched since manufactured. I've generally found a high degree of satisfaction that way, exception being when a product is just plain junk, which has been rare for me.

rbomba

Premium Subscriber
I recently bought a bcd536hp brand new in box for $60.00 from a store that sells returned and overstocked items from Wal-Mart, target, best buy etc. I want to know of the best deals you have gotten on these 2 yypes of scanners!

60 bucks?? Have you used it? Any issues with the scanner?

wa4dou

Premium Subscriber
I bought 3 new '436's, 2 for other people, since Thanksgiving, for $430, $407, and $396. I see deals at Amazon Warehouse but I think they're "returns" and I'm shy about buying into that lottery. No telling what the previous buyer has done to them!

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
BCD436HP for $120 at a pawn shop over the weekend.

95% of all pawn shops are a total ripoff and charge WAY too much for everything including scanners, but you just need to find that one where the guy setting the price doesn't understand the value of a digital scanner and is lazy, just slapping a price on it based on the prices of other old analog scanners he has sold..

Other great places to watch are Craigslist, Letgo, and OfferUp. There again, you will find clueless people just selling something without bothering to find the value. I bought a GRE PSR-600 with the programming cable in great condition for $100 last year off of CL....saw a BCD996XT that someone was willing to take $100 for recently also, on OfferUp.

I could make a side job out of buying underpriced scanners and ebaying them if I wanted to...I've thought about it.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
BCD436HP for $120 at a pawn shop over the weekend.

95% of all pawn shops are a total ripoff and charge WAY too much for everything including scanners,

They'll only rip you off if you go in blind. This is capitalism and they want to make as much money as they can. If someone is willing to pay $100 for a $25 dollar item, whose fault is that?

studio1930

I paid just over $400 for my mint condition 536HP. I would love to find one of those $60 deals! LOL.

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
I bought 3 new '436's, 2 for other people, since Thanksgiving, for $430, $407, and $396. I see deals at Amazon Warehouse but I think they're "returns" and I'm shy about buying into that lottery. No telling what the previous buyer has done to them!

I buy quite a bit of stuff from Amazon Warehouse Deals. 95% of the time the item is brand new with no issues, like my 536. The listing said it had damage covering 10% to the top, sides, etc., etc. Well, the box was a little beat up, but it was still factory sealed. Brand new, undamaged scanner inside at a massive discount. However the other day I tried to cheap out and save $6 on a new charger for a laptop and what I ended up with was someone's used, nay, completely worn out old charger. Amazon refunded me immediately and told me to just toss it in the trash.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I've had nothing but good luck buying scanners through Amazon Warehouse Deals. I got a 436 and 536 in indistinguishable-from-new condition. The 436 was in the factory box, but not sealed. The 536 was in non-factory packaging, but had all the accessories. In both cases I paid about $70 less than the new price.

Status
Not open for further replies.