What is the easiest way to program The WVIRP system into a PRO 197?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Can any of you guys give me any idea on the easiest way to program The WVIRP radio swytem into a PRO 197 scanner? My fire department in Marshall county that I run with is getting ready to make the change over to IRP and I don't really understand the system. Would I only have to put int the frequencies for Marshall county or for thw whole state? I would very much appreciate any assistance.

Thanks
John

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Pro-197

First John, software is the easiest way to program any radio. Read up on digital trunking, it will help a lot. If you know a little, program the closest tower near you. If you have a premium account and a cable you can download it all to your radio. It's that easy.

fredva

Feed Provider
There are two towers/sites located in Marshall County. They are St. Joseph and Moundsville. Programming in one or both of those sites will give you the ability to listen to everything on the SIRN in that area.

The only reason to program in tower frequencies for the whole state is if you used your PRO-197 in your vehicle and wanted to listen as you traveled in other parts of the state. But start by programming your local towers first.

There are three software programs that you can use to program your scanner: WIN500, ARC500, and PSREdit. All of those have free trial periods that allow you to do the initial programming of your scanner while you evaluate whether you want to use them permanently.

fredva

Feed Provider
If you don't have a programming cable and want to try programming the scanner manually, the steps for programming a system like the SIRN begin on page 31 of the manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.