• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

What is the process to zeroize an encryption key in a Jaguar 700P?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
I have a few surplus Jaguar 700Ps that still have encryption keys loaded.

What's the process for zeroizing them? I'm not playing any games with that stuff.

I will state only that I have my reasons for wanting to zero the keys.

merlin

Menu> scroll to key zero > menu.
If not already programmed, you need to add this to programmable menus.
There may even be a hot button for that. You will need to see what the programable buttons are set for.

TDR-94

Hold the MONITOR/CLEAR button and the OPTION button on the side of the radio for 2 seconds. The radio should emit a beep and then display KEY ZERO.

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
I'd forgotten there was a zeroize menu option available. It's not programmed into these radios but they're keyed.

Thanks, I've cleared the radios.

Now for another encryption question. Supposedly there's a way to enable single key encryption in a P7300 but I have not been able to make it work. This would be for use on a conventional channel. The radio has the DES option.

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
On my Unity radios, there’s a working KEY ZERO programmable menu item, but for my P7100s, there is not a way to program a working KEY ZERO menu item or a working KEY LOAD menu item. There is a ZERO DES programmable menu item but do not use that! It’s for a completely different purpose and may cause the radio to become inoperable.

Also, remember that after holding those keys on the side, you need to wait a minute before operating the radio, powering off, or pressing any buttons. The keys do not clear immediately and unless you wait, attempting to load new keys may fail.

-B

TDR-94

I'd forgotten there was a zeroize menu option available. It's not programmed into these radios but they're keyed.

Now for another encryption question. Supposedly there's a way to enable single key encryption in a P7300 but I have not been able to make it work. This would be for use on a conventional channel. The radio has the DES option.

Do you have option 53 enabled in the P7300?

merlin

Hold the MONITOR/CLEAR button and the OPTION button on the side of the radio for 2 seconds. The radio should emit a beep and then display KEY ZERO.
I need to add this to all my documentation. I knew there were key presses for it, but forgot the specifics.
This isn't in any guides either.

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
Should be in the user manuals.
This is from the P7100 manual (I don’t have Jag 700P radios so I don’t have the manual):

10.12.3.2 Key Zero
All cryptographic keys can be zeroed (erased from radio memory) by pressing the MONITOR/CLEAR button and while still pressing this button, press and hold the OPTION button. Press both buttons for 2 seconds. A series of beeps will begin at the start of the 2 second period and then switch to a solid tone after the keys have been zeroed. The display will indicate KEY ZERO.
If the cryptographic key(s) are zeroed, one or more keys must be transferred from the Keyloader into the radio before private communications may continue.

Hope this applies to the 700P as well! The part that’s definitely not documented is the waiting for about a minute afterward…

-B

rjschilder

Does your p7300 have feature 53? If not, it's $0.01 from Harris. Not sure what firmware version you need, but it 100% works (literally have one in front of me setup this way). You can program a single key DES (not AES, but you're not looking for that anyway) in RPM => go to Digital Voice Options, tick the box for Single Key DES, "Enter Key". Fill in the KID/SLN/TEK.

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
I got mixed up. I have had a previous P7300 that had option 53. My current one does not.

Since it also doesn't have Phase II trunking, if I could find a friendly dealer for the feature upgrades, I'd ask for DES along with option 47.

Got a friendly dealer to recommend?

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
Does it have 39? You’ll need 39 (trunking) as well as 47 (phase 2)… it’s probably cheaper to find a used radio with these features already. Unlike single key DES that’s $0.01, 39 is about $1000 and 47 is about $200. The feature encryption decides the value of the radio… The XG100Ms and Ps I have include P25 phase 1 and 2 trunking with P25 AES/DES… Those features alone are worth more than I paid for the hardware! It’s crazy!

Dealers are regional. You should try and use the dealer in your region.

-B

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
M7300 do they support RC4? and what's the cost for upgrade.

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
RC4=what Motorola calls ADP. Basic low end encryption.
Harris calls it ARC4 (Encryption Lite). It’s feature 61, but I don’t know if the 7300 will take that feature or not. You would want to look at the software release notes for the latest firmware (or the firmware you are using).

-B

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
M7300 do they support RC4? and what's the cost for upgrade.

I'm certain they do, but I'll have to check one of the ones around here. I think pricing for single-key ARC4 is the same as that for single-key DES and single-key AES, one cent. Don't quote me on that, though.

If you have all three in the radio you can still use only one at a time; once you put a key in the radio that's it, unless you have multi-key, which costs beaucoup bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.