What is the status of the Univ. of Penn DMR System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jje64

The database shows UoP still on a T Band FM system. Is that still the case? When will they be moving to a DMR system and will it still be on T Band?

Any insight is appreciated.

TNX
jje64

Septa3371CSX1

The database shows UoP still on a T Band FM system. Is that still the case? When will they be moving to a DMR system and will it still be on T Band?

Any insight is appreciated.

TNX
jje64

The U of P Police is still analog conventional. I don't know of any plans for them to go TRBO though they do have one frequency that is TRBO.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
The listings were TRBO. I worked a submission last month that someone sent in saying the PD was actually not all TRBO as listed, so I changed it back to analog. Joe seems to be confirming this info. I don't usually listen to Penn PD.

phillydjdan

Yeah, I'm seeing the same results here. The TRBO channel is too quiet for normal security/police operations.

Septa3371CSX1

Well it now appears the U of Penn Police have gone to the darkside so to speak. Monitored TRBO noise on 506.9875 yesterday with no analog voice while in the University City area. 508.9125 secondary channel appears to still be analog for the time being but I was only able to catch a key up on that channel with no voice. Not sure how long they've been TRBO but I suspect this is a fairly recent switchover.

With that said there goes more good listening down the drain. Looks like it may be time to invest in a DMR portable.

phillydjdan

There is a website selling cheap DMR portables out there. Im not at my desk to copy the link, but Im sure Google will find it for you. They are under $200

Status
Not open for further replies.