What is this mobile antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Lately, I’ve noticed this antenna on a ton of work trucks in Texas and across the west - mainly oil field services personal vehicle trucks and construction.

I want to think this is just a new type of CB antenna, but I’m not so sure. Any ideas? 74251

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Cellular antenna. I forget which company it is that is selling them, but they come as part of a kit with a small BDA for improving cell coverage inside the vehicle.

And they are not cheap. But, they are ugly, and people seem to love that.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Because the uglier the antenna is the better if must work:

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Another thread from April,2019 about that same type of antenna...

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Thanks! Learn something new every day. I almost wanted to believe these were a new type of iridium antenna and were worn like a ranking badge or something to differentiate between oil fields workers caste. ;)

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
The faster you go, the smoother the ride... but to get that fast you must have a Monster Energy drink sticker, cow balls hanging off your trailer hitch receiver and be wearing white Oakley sunglasses

I will say that I drove through Texas a few years ago. Was headed to San Antonio for a meeting. I drove from California sticking to non-interstate highways as much as I could.
I was astounded at how fast people drove, and even more so by the large trucks, oil field guys, and people with very large tractors on trailers were going. I though I was good doing 75mph, but I'd have people blow by me in large vehicles, often towing, going way faster than I was.

Status
Not open for further replies.