What Is "Triple Trunking"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken_Allen

What exactly is "Triple Trunking". What can I do with a triple trunking scanner that I can't do with say a trunking or dual trunking scanner?

I know how trunking works, just looking for an explanation on why it's Triple.

bezking

Triple trunking is just a name that says the scanner supports the 3 main trunking technologies:

* EDACS
* LTR
* Motorola Type I and Type II

MaxMan1986

Ah, so it's just an advertising scheme?

Yes, but as bezking pointed out, it tells you that the scanner is capable of tracking those three types of trunked systems.

In answer to your original question, dual trunking scanners can usually track EDACS and Motorola systems.

ltjweiss

when do you guys think RS/GRE will be able to work with iDen, or does GRE? or is iDen a digital TRS that digital scanners can only pick up?

Last edited:
But wait, there's more!
What does this do for me?
Uniden 996xt:
TrunkTracker IV with Control-Channel Only scanning and I-Call monitoring: Tracks voice traffic on P25, Motorola, EDACS, and LTR Trunked systems.
Is the version IV doing something even more?

Thanks, HCH

N9JIG

Sheriff
The Triple Trunking was a catch phrase used for RadioShack scanners, and as correctly mentioned earlier in this thread, indicates the scanner works on LTR, Moto and EDACS systems. Newer digital scanners were called "Digital Trunking".

Uniden used the Trunktracker III as a catch phrase for it's line of analog trunking scanners that picked up the LTR, Moto and EDACS versions. (BC780, BCT15 etc.)

Trunktracker IV referred to digital scanners, including the BC796D, BCD996T/XT and the 396T/XT and others, the fourth mode was P25.

Even though the BC785 picked up digital, it was considered and labeled as a Trunktracker III since it only received Type II digital systems (with 3600 baud control data), not P25. (P25 systems use a 9600 baud control data signal)

Status
Not open for further replies.