What is up with El Cajon Police dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike619

On El Cajon Police dispatch 1 I keep getting encryption occasionally can anyone tell me what is going on? it is intermittent.

mike619

Do other cities do that? Also I heard the dispatch once try talking to an officer and the dispatch said the officer had encryption on and apparently couldn't relay what they were going to say to the officer.

Last edited:

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Do other cities do that? Also I heard the dispatch once try talking to an officer and the dispatch said the officer had encryption on and apparently couldn't relay what they were going to say to the officer.

I've heard that as well. Sometimes officers will switch from a talkgroup that they were toggled on for encryption, back to the main, and forget to flip the toggle back to clear.

El Cajon PD typically uses encryption for their SWAT and ENT talkgroups.

Paul

f40ph

Feed Provider
I've heard that as well. Sometimes officers will switch from a talkgroup that they were toggled on for encryption, back to the main, and forget to flip the toggle back to clear.

El Cajon PD typically uses encryption for their SWAT and ENT talkgroups.

Paul

I wonder who thought the users would be able to operate that switch correctly? Guess they didn't learn anything from the Feds that had this problem years ago...

https://www.usenix.org/legacy/event/sec11/tech/full_papers/Clark.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.