SDS100/SDS200: What is up with my new SDS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

getwyred

I have had the BCD436 for a couple of years now and decided to finally upgrade to the latest release SDS100. After pulling it out of the box and updating the master database and firmware I am unable to receive anything except maybe some static. I then restored it back to original and tried it that way from the zip code location and still nothing, I then tried to auto locate my location and it fails to find it.

getwyred

Some info regarding specific freqs or systems you're attempting to monitor would help us help you. Did you clone the 436 favorites lists to the SDS?
I did copy my favorites over, and it doesn't matter what I am trying to monitor none of them work. Just some static every once in awhile.

LouieCT

Premium Subscriber
put it on a known frequency where you are and see if you get any bars at all? What antenna are you using and where are you sitting, try moving around if its the stock whip. By the way that stock antenna is worthless.

getwyred

put it on a known frequency where you are and see if you get any bars at all? What antenna are you using and where are you sitting, try moving around if its the stock whip. By the way that stock antenna is worthless.
Tried the stock, the watson, and my radio shack 800MHz

getwyred

the likelyhood of a DOA radio brand new is unlikely. I suppose it could happen but I would bet super rare
Starting to wonder. The static I am getting happens wih and without the antenna on, realized that when switching them.

Status
Not open for further replies.