What is up with the FHP VHF Submissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
Over the last few days I've have seen a couple of submissions that FHP was using there old VHF systems in the south end of the state. Unless there was a major change in the south end I wasn't aware of I don't see this a a valid submission.

Please if you submit frequencies do not just copy them from another website. The chances are there out dated. Only submit information that you know is true and that your able to monitor.

But just in case I'll ask. Did something change?

Thanks
Dan

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
I haven't seen any VHF antennas on their vehicles. The only other frequencies that I've heard troopers use in addition to SLERS are the 800 MHz NPSPAC on simplex as a car to car (a least down here).

ki4wbn

There is a chance that there still could be some FHP VHF comms, as a select few of their vehicles do have VHF radios and antennas, but I would think this would be few and far between, as none of the newer vehicles have anything except SLERS (and that is part of the new uniform vehicle regulations FHP has-doesn't allow officers to add any additional equipment as they used to be able to do).

FHP stations still have VHF capability, and could still possibly be using it for situations.

kf4sek

I have heard them (FHP) on 155.370 (Florida Inter-City) in Orlando, also. I think, and please correct me if I am wrong, it is due to an interop issue between SLERS and current Motorla and EDACS TRS equipment. Unless consoles and radios are upgraded to operate on or patch to SLERS, there is no way for non-SLERS agencies to communicate with FHP on SLERS. Thus FHP has to go backward and use simplex VHF to communicate with non-SLERS agencies. Either that or the non-SLERS agencies have their dispatchers call FHP dispatch and transfer information via landline. Again, please correct me if I am wrong.

trooper890

Over the last few days I've have seen a couple of submissions that FHP was using there old VHF systems in the south end of the state. Unless there was a major change in the south end I wasn't aware of I don't see this a a valid submission.

Please if you submit frequencies do not just copy them from another website. The chances are there out dated. Only submit information that you know is true and that your able to monitor.

But just in case I'll ask. Did something change?

Thanks
Dan

You're right It's not valid. Intercity is about the only vhf freq you'll see active, and that's base only.

trooper890

I have heard them (FHP) on 155.370 (Florida Inter-City) in Orlando, also. I think, and please correct me if I am wrong, it is due to an interop issue between SLERS and current Motorla and EDACS TRS equipment. Unless consoles and radios are upgraded to operate on or patch to SLERS, there is no way for non-SLERS agencies to communicate with FHP on SLERS. Thus FHP has to go backward and use simplex VHF to communicate with non-SLERS agencies. Either that or the non-SLERS agencies have their dispatchers call FHP dispatch and transfer information via landline. Again, please correct me if I am wrong.

You are wrong on part. There are multiple ways state agencies communicate with locals. Intercity is one of them, however.

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
now residing in Ocala, Florida since 1999
question to TROOPER890

You are wrong on part. There are multiple ways state agencies communicate with locals. Intercity is one of them, however.

please enlighten us, are you familiar with specific ways they communicate with local PD or Sheriff agencies? I'm in the Ocala area, and monitor Sheriff and OPD comms, and quite a few auto accidents take place on I-75. I have not heard car to car comms between FHP and the locals in my specific area. Not even a hint thru monitoring thier comms to give me any indication that it can even be done. That could be because OPD and MCSO are trunked on digital 800 mhz and not vhf. Is it possible that if OPD and MCSO had vhf radio's in the cars there might be a chance that they could communicate directly to local Troop vehicles?

ke4crc

Premium Subscriber
A few years ago i over heard a persuite between orange county, Orlando FHP, & Polk county all these agencies were patched into one of the interop 800 mhz conv freq.
I here Orlando PD calling orange county & some times i here orange calling Orlando FHP on intercity (155.370) quite frequently. it is used a lot on the orlando area for BOLO's

spotbeams

I am 30 miles from Orlando in Volusia County .I hear Opd and Orange county/Opd units and base talking . Units asking base to contact FHP .Dispatch will say: Orange County To FHP on 155.370. Sometimes Fhp will says Fhp to Orange County ? Orange county will says why they need them .Will post any updates. I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.