What is Up With the Staten Island 445.575 MHz Ham Repeater?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I often hear a lot of vulgar language on this repeater and many folks not using their call signs. Almost sounds like a private repeater in which the folks on this channel think they don't have to obide by FCC rules. Is there a way to bring this to the attention of the FCC?

Kb2Jpd

I often hear a lot of vulgar language on this repeater and many folks not using their call signs. Almost sounds like a private repeater in which the folks on this channel think they don't have to obide by FCC rules. Is there a way to bring this to the attention of the FCC?

Yes, there are various ways to resolve this. But before anything, why don't you contact the repeater owner first?

N2EHN is the repeater owner. A simple lookup of his callsign would suffice.

Why do you think talking about it here would make a difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Analogrules

Talking about it on here can make a difference, especially if the repeater's owner or FCC happens to see my posting. Furthermore, monitoring the channel can be comical at times for those who were unaware of the shanigans that occurs on that repeater. It has been going on for a few years now and I am actually surprised it has not been brought up before.

jaymatt1978

There's a higher possibility he WON'T see you posting. ALSO unlike what some think the FCC doesn't troll the Internet looking for reports of violations. I'm suggesting if it's so comical, why don;t you let it slide?

Analogrules

Yeah, I'm not going to even bother reporting it to deaf ears. But, I do suggest monitoring these "pirates" on there sometime because they do give me a chuckle at times.

k2epd

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Vulgar Language

First off we all ID. Second I am also a part owner of the linked repeater system. Now for the vulgar language I will admit that I am guilty of that. But here's the biggest question to you. If you don't like what you hear you can very well turn off your radio or change the frequency to any of the open repeaters of your choice. We are not forcing you to listen. Did you ever stop to think that maybe we all stay there because of Hams just like yourself. We have this system so as not to insult SNOWFLAKES like you. We DO NOT go on any other repeaters and do what we do on 575 for the simple reason is that I would not crap in your house and don't except you to crap in mine. Again the reason we have this system. When I first got into Ham radio I stopped by a lot of repeaters and made plenty of friends and also a few enemies as well because of some of my views. Rather then whine and moan about It I changed the frequency end of story. I got my ticket and bought my radio to have a little fun. Ham radio is not my only hobby.
We are all friends of more then twenty years and will bust each others chops from time to time and get out of control but we do worry about hurting each others feelings because we are all men and don't care what other people think or say. As far as the FCC is concerned good luck dealing with them. I handed them Danny Delise on a silver platter and they didn't give a rats crap. And just like I told Laura on the phone that she was as useless as tits on a bull they don't care about hams unless there is big money involved. So your option is listen, drop your call and talk or just move on. The shenanigans will always go on on the EHN a EPD linked repeater system we are having a crap load of fun and your either in or your out. We don't give a hoot what you think. That by the way is my personal opinion and I am sure most of the guy's on the system feel the same. Funny thing is by your own admittance you seem to listen a lot so obviously you find us very entertaining. "73" for now. Enjoy your radio, I know I do.

Analogrules

K2PED, wow you really sound like a disturbed person and I actually feel bad for you.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
First off we all ID. Second I am also a part owner of the linked repeater system. Now for the vulgar language I will admit that I am guilty of that. But here's the biggest question to you. If you don't like what you hear you can very well turn off your radio or change the frequency to any of the open repeaters of your choice. We are not forcing you to listen. Did you ever stop to think that maybe we all stay there because of Hams just like yourself. We have this system so as not to insult SNOWFLAKES like you. We DO NOT go on any other repeaters and do what we do on 575 for the simple reason is that I would not crap in your house and don't except you to crap in mine. Again the reason we have this system. When I first got into Ham radio I stopped by a lot of repeaters and made plenty of friends and also a few enemies as well because of some of my views. Rather then whine and moan about It I changed the frequency end of story. I got my ticket and bought my radio to have a little fun. Ham radio is not my only hobby.
We are all friends of more then twenty years and will bust each others chops from time to time and get out of control but we do worry about hurting each others feelings because we are all men and don't care what other people think or say. As far as the FCC is concerned good luck dealing with them. I handed them Danny Delise on a silver platter and they didn't give a rats crap. And just like I told Laura on the phone that she was as useless as tits on a bull they don't care about hams unless there is big money involved. So your option is listen, drop your call and talk or just move on. The shenanigans will always go on on the EHN a EPD linked repeater system we are having a crap load of fun and your either in or your out. We don't give a hoot what you think. That by the way is my personal opinion and I am sure most of the guy's on the system feel the same. Funny thing is by your own admittance you seem to listen a lot so obviously you find us very entertaining. "73" for now. Enjoy your radio, I know I do.

I understand it. It's simple: you and your cronies are above the law.

chewy4000

Hey!

Lets all enjoy Ham radio by going on the interwebs and complaining about everything that hurts our feelings.

Analogrules

The fact is these guys are violating FCC rules, plain and simple. Now whether you feel there is nothing wrong with that is your opinion, in which you are entitled to.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Hey!

Lets all enjoy Ham radio by going on the interwebs and complaining about everything that hurts our feelings.

I don't think anyone's feelings are hurt so don't try to transfer the problem to someone else. I feel that most people just want to do the right thing. It's that simple. It appears to be an unknown concept to some people.

1Special123

My radio is also stuck on this repeater. How can I switch channels on my Chinese radio?
I am also tired of all the Jamming.

Dan

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Their PL is 141.3 but that's not the point. It's the fact that they lower the status of all hams when they flagrantly violate the rules that most of the rest of us abide by.

iamhere300

The FCC does not care. They do not have the personnel to go after it, and they don't go looking for trouble, only acting after numerous complaints.

Interfering with public safety, they will act. HAM is NOT public safety.

w2vos

Sounds like much ado over some potty mouths. Spin the VFO and enjoy radio.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I don't really see any point in this thread continuing. As a ham, the OP should know how to contact the FCC if he really is concerned with how the repeater is being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.