What Is Your Favorite Federal Government To Listen To

What Is Your Favorite Federal Government To Listen To

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecps92

Well $167 does point toward FBI and since your profile says NH
you are correct

As KB says, put your radio into Search. 170.9625 needs to be identified for a REAL location besides 603

I've had hits on 170.9625 with nac 167 and thought its FBI. Maybe they use it as well.
We do need a like button!

This thread will be about your favorite Federal Government to listen too and why you like listening to them. Is it because it is not ENC or because they can be funny sometimes like our local Federal prison. I will start off. My favorite Federal Government is the Federal prisons because they are funny like I said. And I am used to listening to them.

I only like the BoP because the local FCI in Pekin sometimes gets smart with each other and jokes around. My second Federal Government I like is the CBP because it is not ENC like the FBI.

So which CBP Freqs (include the NAC) are active in your hood.

I have 165.2375 with a 301 NAC. I also have 163.725 with the C02 NAC. I got the INS with the C02 NAC to on 163.625. I have not been listening that much lately to the VHF band of the feds. Its just been the FCI in Pekin.

ecps92

Interesting.
165.2375 was reported pretty much as $C02, where (if you were able to deceipher) might the $301 Repeater be located ? Channel # ?

I have 165.2375 with a 301 NAC. I also have 163.725 with the C02 NAC. I got the INS with the C02 NAC to on 163.625. I have not been listening that much lately to the VHF band of the feds. Its just been the FCI in Pekin.

Interesting.
165.2375 was reported pretty much as $C02, where (if you were able to deceipher) might the $301 Repeater be located ? Channel # ?

I think 165.2375 is located at our airport. I think it is channel A.1. Like I said before I have not been listening. This is what I heard before. Its just been the FCI in Pekin :D.

ecps92

Not sure whose message you are replying to....
it does help to Quote the original message.

But yes, many of the Frequencies listed in the Wiki, can be heard around the Country. YMMV tho as to activity and which specific channels

Hello. are those Frequencies good nation wide or for a certain area ????
TNX

Tracker44

Hello, I was referring to the post just above me. (KampingAnthony1CAolCo) his information on the DEA.
TNX a bunch for the information.
I will give them a try.

SCPD

QRT
I am another person to comment that your list of federal agencies is rather short. I like to listen to the four major federal natural resource/land management agencies and all communications involving wildland fire. The four, unmentioned, agencies are the National Park Service, U.S. Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Similar state agencies come next. As my wife says, "you can take the ranger out of the forest, but you can't take the forest out of the ranger."

I should add one more agency, the Bureau of Indian Affairs and a collection of reservations that have forestry, range, wildlife and recreation management programs. I could hear a lot of BIA traffic when I lived in New Mexico and when I visit family in the Phoenix area I like to listen to the San Carlos and Fort Apache Reservations as they have a large natural resource and wildland fire workload. By the way, they haven't changed the name to "Native American Reservations" or the "Bureau of Native American Affairs" so the words I chose are official.

If I lived on an ocean coast I would want to listen to a relatively unknown land management agency, the National Ocean Service in NOAA. They manage "marine protected areas," which include among other classifications national marine sanctuaries and national marine estuaries. They have a broad scope of other responsibilities as well. They have law enforcement officers that patrol these areas and are quite visible in some areas. There is one of these areas in Florida where the state and feds patrol and have a cooperative agreement. All the officers wear uniform shirts with both NOAA and state agency logos on them. They enforce no fishing areas, methods of fishing, limits, damage to underwater and above water resources. The officers are part of the NOAA Office of Law Enforcement. There are no "National Oceans" even though they are called the "National Ocean Service."

If I lived in the right coastal areas I would listen to the National Marine Fisheries Service as well. They have jurisdiction of oceans from 3 -200 miles off the coast. They have jurisdiction on land as well when anadromous fish are involved. These are fish, like the salmon, that spent most of their lives in the ocean and saltwater, but spend time in freshwater for a portion of their lives as well. They are part of NOAA and have law enforcement officers as well.

I've lived in remote areas for 37 years now and traffic from other federal agencies is rare. I don't waste a lot of time trying to search and log the entire federal spectrum. I had access to special use permit files for electronic sites containing frequency use. As I remember the FBI did not provide frequencies on their permit forms, but that was an exception. There aren't many other permanent installations on National Forest land, where the majority of electronic sites are located. The exception is one data relay station used by the Natural Resources Conservation Service (they were the Soil Conservation Service for a long time) to obtain readings from automated snow measuring sites.

When I lived in New Mexico I was able to listen to a National Science Foundation frequency used at the Very Large Array radio telescope located about 15 miles from my home. There wasn't a lot of traffic. As we were in west central New Mexico I often heard aircraft flying with no lights above us. Those were the days of the Radio Communications Monitoring Association where it could be several weeks or months before someone answered a query, so it was tough for me to figure out if the Border Patrol, DEA or Customs Service was involved. We weren't on the flight path for Roswell, so I assumed the aircraft were not alien in nature. ;)

Last edited:

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
The only federal agency I listen to is the FAA. I don't listen listen to them at home but only at work. Listening to the FAA is job related, I work for the FAA at the FAA Technical Center.

Michael-SATX

NSF Initials ???

When I lived in New Mexico I was able to listen to a National Science Foundation frequency used at the Very Large Array radio telescope located about 15 miles from my home. There wasn't a lot of traffic. As we were in west central New Mexico I often heard aircraft flying with no lights above us. Those were the days of the Radio Communications Monitoring Association where it could be several weeks or months before someone answered a query, so it was tough for me to figure out if the Border Patrol, DEA or Customs Service was involved. We weren't on the flight path for Roswell, so I assumed the aircraft were not alien in nature. ;)

Hmm, maybe the same group with the NSF initials above you used to listen to ... "National Science Foundation" ... or perhaps not ?

kd7ckq

lol, sorry. I meant to say USFS. Some how I was thinking National Forest Service.

Status
Not open for further replies.