What is your favorite thing to listen to on your scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearcatAndy

Whatever I can, most of the time police/ambulance/fire but most of the time the thing that I pick up the most is a taxi company! LOL

Bentley

BearcatAndy said:
Whatever I can, most of the time police/ambulance/fire but most of the time the thing that I pick up the most is a taxi company! LOL

On purpose? I dont want to insult your intelligence, but you can lock out taxi companies if you'd like (skip over them)....even if they are in a trunked system you monitor.

Let us know if you need help (in the appropriate forum of course)

weirdal

I always liked listening to the police frantically try to get things organized durring snow storms when all the foolish people are getting stuck in the snow :p

Eng74

Always listen to Fire Departments to hear how everyone else dose it. If I am at an air show or Disneyland listen to them also to know what is going on there also. Funny thing you really never heard the "outside world" in Disneyland but at California Adventure you hear it and the bug goes off where you want got to know!

kf4lne

Law Enforcement, Blue Ridge Parkway rangers, national forest rangers, the loggers up the way with the MURS radios and the idiots with their FRS radios

kc2kvz

Premium Subscriber
Pretty standard stuff here: Police/Fire/EMS, Milair, Civilian Air and trains. I'll use the signal stalker from time to time and see what other stuff turns up- usually business band, but i normally don't listen to them for long.

als365

Action....usually FD/PD. I usually keep the PD turned low until I hear something interesting because there can be alot of chatter with license/registration checks, etc.

USAPatriot

My feed is pretty wide ranging. It's sending out city and county PD's and FD's, plus State plus some FBI and some other miscellaneous transmissions, about 600 channels worth. I just let it all go out over the feed unless I really hear something interesting, then I start shutting banks off to keep the incident online. My favorites I suppose are whispered surveillance transmissions. Some of them are so faint that the guy must literally be sitting within spitting range of the target. -Rod-

Status
Not open for further replies.