• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

What is your GMRS call sign?

fenriswolf039

Premium Subscriber
WQVH815

ATL610 on North Georgia GMRS Network
Linked repeaters and Zello connectivity covering Northern Georgia, parts of AL, SC and NC

superdeez

WQZV241, just got my ticket, taking my technician test next weekend, so I'll hopefully have two callsigns then.

Amos_Iron_Wolf

Premium Subscriber
Another Newb

WQZW588 here.

No active groups in my area or repeaters nearby. Just wanted to play with better gear and be legal. Eventually, will get in the study and testing time for a General, maybe even Tech license.

n1das

KAE9013 renewed...again! The turnaround time was about 24 hours or less. The fee was $70 and the license term under the new rules is 10 years.

Date Event
10/25/2017 Authorization Printed
10/25/2017 Application Granted
10/25/2017 Redlight Review Completed
10/24/2017 Payment Confirmed
10/24/2017 Renewal Only Received

W8UU

Pilot of the Airwaves
Premium Subscriber
KAE-9978 Southeast Ohio

As you can tell by the call sign, I'm an old school GMRS user. I use one simplex frequency with a dedicated PL tone. Commercial grade base station and rooftop antenna here at the house and a handful of mobiles and portables. All of it Part 95 compliant. Local coverage for day to day stuff and we usually take the portables with us for camping and outdoor adventures. Very helpful when there is no cell coverage.

cpeeler

My GMRS Liscense

If only for the official survey... My GMRS call sign is WQZN643. I had a previous license of WQNX941 but I let it lapse because I wasn't sure this radio service would be viable in the future. As some threads have discussed there isn't much in the way of new GMRS equipment. We have a choice of expensive new commercial radios or cheap old commercial radios that are difficult to get programming software for. Last, we can program HAM radios for GMRS but everyone knows that breaks several FCC refs.