What is your listening habits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n211cr

I am listing this under the general RR category as well but I thought the area may have a factor. What is most of the Michigan listeners' habits as what to listen to? If you could list a first and second that would be great. MPSCS, Milair,local PD etc?

SCPD

QRT
Listening habits

I listen to my local PD and Fire, PD and Fire for Riverview and Grosse Ile, the South Common call groups on the Downriver system, and the VHF Border Patrol repeater. Everything else downriver is locked out. All the Downriver towns seem to stay on their own talkgroup. If I try to listen to everything, it seems like I'm catching half of every coversation. Rarely do I listen to MSP, since the only thing I'm even remotely interested on MSP is DRANO, and they are encrypted.

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
I listen to all of MSP, Monroe County Simulcast. Basicly everything that i can hear on the MPSCS here is what I listen to, and I also monitor the Ann Arbor Trunked Radio system......oh and yeah the crappy Wayne county sheriff/airport police system too....

johnvassel

I listen to things that may affect me. Usually county fire agencies and county sheriff. MSP in our county can be heard over county radio. I tend to load the radio up with fire freqs mainly because they arent often active, and when they are it's usually interesting. Often times I'll skip listening to the sheriff, just because there's so much chatter.

John.

gg750

Local public safety, MPSCS.

At other times I listen to local air traffic, during bad weather/power outages it's local utilities, and while at work I listen to my employers police and security.

G

kirk5056

Premium Subscriber
I listen to mostly Public Safety in Ingham, Eaton, Calhoun & Branch. But I have all Michigan counties and northern counties of Ohio & Indiana in my 396. When I travel I can turn each county on and off but when I make my next big purchase the GPS will do that for me.

scannerman5000

Premium Subscriber
I listen mainly to Eaton County Sheriffs Dispatch, Eaton County fire, Eaton Rapids area frequencies, Ingham Co. radio system, and the MSP system.

Im also an amatuer radio operator.

Status
Not open for further replies.