What KHP unit is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbnks

Premium Subscriber
A few time yesterday, I heard on Troop F- Dispatch 2 units numbers 62-XX and 63-XX making some traffic stops, and clearing with citations issued.

I am not seeing theses unit prefixes in the data base http://wiki.radioreference.com/inde...at type of units, or special units these are?

Last edited:

Redneck0410

A few time yesterday, I heard on Troop F- Dispatch 2 units numbers 62-XX and 63-XX making some traffic stops, and clearing with citations issued.

I am not seeing theses unit prefixes in the data base http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Highway_Patrol_(KS)

Anybody have any ideal what type of units, or special units these are?
Possibly 9200 units, which is KHP Motor Carrier Enforcement units. 2000 units are Motorist Assist.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jimbnks

Premium Subscriber
Possibly 9200 units, which is KHP Motor Carrier Enforcement units. 2000 units are Motorist Assist.

I have heard the 9600 and 2000 unit before and knew what they were.

Each time I heard the 62xx and 63xx unit they going 44 with out of state passenger cars. All cited for speeding, one was in Reno county. missed where the other were, I heard them around 10 time yesterday between 3 and 5 pm. Thought I was recording them.

Hope that is helpful.

Redneck0410

The ones I know if in this area (I believe there are like 4 or 5 that were assigned to Troop F) all have 3-digit unit numbers.

ecps92

Jimbnks

Premium Subscriber
Maybe Troopers in training? Practicing traffic stops?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

@ mgolden 2 I had wondered that, I figure it may have been heard before, and this was just my lucky time hear it.

The ones I know if in this area (I believe there are like 4 or 5 that were assigned to Troop F) all have 3-digit unit numbers.

@ redneck0410 most of them are 3 digit unit, there is however at least 2, 2 digit unit I regularly, I do hear the DOT Troopers a lot "92XX" unit number quite often.

I found this... http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Highway_Patrol_(KS) I do not know how old the information may be, but for the most part, I believe it is fairly accurate.

@ redneck0410 that was the link I was trying to post, I did not see 6XXX number in there which is what prompted the post.

Correct URL here

When you paste a URL that ends with ) the system drops it.
Just keep that in mind, and use the Inset Link icon within the editor to keep the complete URL[/QUOTE

@ ecps92 thanks for the tip, I tried to post that link in my OP and could never get it to work.

Thank you all for your efforts in trying to figure out what kind of units these are.

Status
Not open for further replies.