What kind of paint would touch up my radio scratches nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonziBuddy

Dropped my radio in my boat a few times. I want to touch up the corners with paint. What kind of paint would be good for this? model paint?

I also want to change the blue color of the power button on my ft-7800 to black. Again, what kind of paint would be good for this?

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
For very minor scratches, I use a Sharpie felt pen. Might work well for the re-coloring job too! Tom.

In all seriousness, I knew someone who owned a black car and she was starting to get rock chips on the nose area and the hood of her car. She used a black Sharpie to touch them up and no one was the wiser.

The only problem with a Sharpie is that on some surfaces it tends to be a bit more magenta-tinted, glossy, or metallic. But I haven't tried it on a scanner, so WyoRabbit probably knows what he's talking about :lol:

N0YFE

Touch up paint

Automotive stores, walmart, and target sell bottles or pens of touch up paint. I think you'll be pleased with the results as the paint should fill in the scratch and blend in pretty well.

I used the bottles on my old truck to fill in scratches and it didn't look too bad once the paint dried.

Status
Not open for further replies.