What kind of radios does OHP use on lowband?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n5bew1

Hey I was wondering what kind of radio is most commonly used by OHP for lowband in their units? Motorola, GE/Macom, Icom, Kenwood....etc.

car2back

skywatch said:
We have 60's era GE's in most of ours here in Troop H.

I have a friend that retired from DPS Communication hre in Tulsa in 1996 that started way out there in Clinton at the age of 18. When I told them that the troopers out there are using the same radios as they were when he was in diapers, he couldn't belive it!

KK5FM

skywatch said:
I believe they still have a few of the old radios with "tubes" in them out here.
Oh, good! Troop H will still be able to communicate if an electro-magnetic pulse wipes out all the sollid state equipment!

KOK5CY

OHP Radio's

Last trooper car i seen it had the Kenwood with all the goodies in it . Man that radio had button's all over it but if i remember it was 800 trunked and the trooper was working the toll gate in OKC .

n5bew1

skywatch said:
I believe they still have a few of the old radios with "tubes" in them out here.

Don't tell me H troop is using GE Mastr-pros with 7984 tube finals in them. Wow someone pass the hat I'd thought they'd at least have GE Mastr II's.

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Yea, I think that's the model. Here's a photo of one that's very similar: They also use Mastr II's and Motorola's. No troopers have ht's. unless they purchased them for their own use. Mostly hi band stuff with the local so's.
Mvc-776f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.