What kind of receiver available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeydxer

OK I am not new to radio.... however it has been quite a while since I monitored cordless phones. I know they are in the 2.4 Ghz range now and digital.Is there any receiver on the market now that will get these frequencies and digital mode? Probably will need a non US receiver as these freqs are blocked in this country? Any help pointing me in the right direction as to who makes this kind of rec. and where they may be purchased would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks....Mike

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
OK I am not new to radio.... however it has been quite a while since I monitored cordless phones. I know they are in the 2.4 Ghz range now and digital.
They are still in several ranges including 49 MHz, 900 MHz, 2.4GHz, 5.8 GHz and others. Some are analog, some are digital. Some are on specific "channels" and others use spread spectrum/etc.

Is there any receiver on the market now that will get these frequencies and digital mode?
Not a new unit. It is now illegal in the USA to receive or monitor any kind of wireless phone.

JoeyC

and even if you were able to monitor the freqs in question, the digital mode used is not supported by the scanner.

mikeydxer

Thanks for the info........Guess I won't exhaust myself looking for something that doesn't exist.....I thought maybe there was something from out of the country that would receive these freqs..... Oh well,guess I'll just stick to my R7100 for now.Thanks again for the information!!

Status
Not open for further replies.